Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 April 2002
As soon as I saw this album down at my local CD store I couldn't help myself & just bought it. Whilst I admire the variety that Huber & Dorfmeister have managed to inject into their existing work I cannot clearly see why this needed to be done in the first place.
Suzuki is one of stand-out albums of my collection and is a perfect example of the low-key, laid-back, trip-hop genre, I cannot see any valid reason to go and mess with it. The time spent on this project could have been spent using the full weight of H&D's creative talent rather than producing this rehash version of Suzuki. I do (from time to time) enjoy listening to this album but after forcing myself to wake-up to Suzuki in Dub each morning for a whole week it still made little impression on me. If you loved Suzuki you MIGHT like this but it's certainly no guarantee. Try buying another Tosca or Kruder & Dorfmeister album instead - you'll be getting much better value.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 September 2010
...all I have to do is put it on, and instantly I feel good; if you like Tosca's output - and particularly if you like Kruder and Dorfmeister - you'll love this. It's a remix of what was a great album, done in dub. It's a perfect mix of dub and electronica too; beat-driven, but spacey.

Time has really given a shine to this album - it sounds fresh and new.
on 5 November 2000
Tosca's original "Suzuki" was an excellent more upbeat follow-up to "Opera." This follow-up to "Suzuki" is even better than one might have expected...enjoyable in its entirety. Can't recommend it more highly to fans of the trip hop/lounge genre. Happy chilling!!
on 6 June 2005
This is, in my humble opinion, the best Tosca album. Just edging out the original Suzuki.
Sure, it's remixes, but I think of it as a good album made even better.
If you liked the first and want to hear more, then buy this.
If you've heard neither, then I suggest you buy this.
on 3 February 2013
I have another album in dub - ambient translations of Bob Marley in Dub - this is as good, a great dubby album!
on 1 November 2001
Quality music suited to anyone who's partialled to a bit of down-beat/trip-hop.
I would say that this is border-line dub. It has more varied instrumentation than a lot of your average dub, which can sometimes be a little repetative.
For anyone who already owns Suzuki, think of this as an album of remixes, rather than something new altogether. In fact the two albums would sit in the same bracket.
This album has both character and subtlety, making it another one of the multi-purpose masterpieces brought to us by the Austrian geezers at K7!.
on 19 December 2005
Suzuki itself is almost a masterpiece along the lines of Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Matisse, and to consider a remix cd is almost anathema...but I was wrong !!!
Having listened, over and over, to this Dub remix CD has introduced me to a number of the artists who have contributed remixes to this collection, expanding my own collection in a big way!
But I was also wrong in that the remixes do not detract from the Zen-inspired originals, but takes the tracks into new territory, giving them new life, new expressions, taking the originals out-of-the-box, dressing them up, and going out on a night-on-the-town for some serious grooving!!!
Good that the guys of Tosca are not afraid to have their holy cows challenged!!!
on 5 November 2000