4.0 out of 5 stars All the way from america.?......
I cannot fault this item, it fits my Panasonic FZ18 perfectly, with no colour change in the printed pictures and fitting was very easy.
But Why did it take 5 Weeks to arrive?
Published on 4 Sep 2008 by Mr. N. H. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, protects the lens but causes ugly reflections
Good to protect the lens, but as soon as there are bright lights in the picture it causes nasty reflections, which are not always easy to spot on the camera screen or viewfinder.
I think the only way around this is to take off the filter in bright light situations.
Published on 4 Aug 2012 by Edo Zamboni

4.0 out of 5 stars All the way from america.?......, 4 Sep 2008
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
But Why did it take 5 Weeks to arrive?

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, protects the lens but causes ugly reflections, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
That, or probably spend a fortune on a filter, although I'm not sure there are 100% free reflections UV filters out there. And if you have to use a £100 filter to protect your lens, then you might feel you need a filter to protect your filter, what could lead you on to a spiral of using more and more filters and incidentally to abstract/psychadelic photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars UV Filter, 1 Sep 2009
M. Bennett (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
Used this on my FZ28. Good quality filter for UV and protects the lens primarily, does what it says on the tin.
Fast service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Causes noticeable flare, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
Perhaps I was expecting a little much - after all, this filter didn't cost a great deal and I'm used to using Hoya HD filters on my SLR lenses. However, in both an indoors party last weekend, and an Alps mountaineering trip this summer, there are a large proportion of images that have suffered from flare. When I noticed this in the Alps, I kept the camera in the exact same position, and took the same picture both with and without the filter within seconds. Those taken with the filter attached had a green flare cast across the midframe, which wasn't duplicated in those shots taken without it. Perhaps this is ok as a *cheap* protective filter, but I shall be looking elsewhere for a filter to replace this with - too bad Hoya don't make their HD series in this 46mm size!
I hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, good quality, 11 July 2009
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
This fitted my Panasonic FZ28 camera very well. It has a good quality feel and excellent light transmissivity.
Highly recommended for the Panasonic FZ range, to protect your lens and remove some UV too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Used only twice., 28 May 2014
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
As the title goes, I used it only twice with very disappointing results. Flare is extremely high even if the lens is not looking directly to the light source, checked with two different lenses. Stay away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiffen 46 mm uv protector filter, 25 Jan 2014
Caleb 329 (Merseyside UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
I bought this to fit over the lens of my Panasonic video camera as much to protect the lens itself from fingermarks and scratches as to cut out ultra violet light. I works perfectly except that I cannot use the flash on the camera for stills, not a problem for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
Just what I ordered and fitted straight on to the camera with no problems. It protects the lens from scratching.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a UV filter!, 9 July 2013
Malcolm D. Porter (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
Not a lot that can be said about a piece of glass in a frame, but these UV filters are something I have always had on my cameras mainly to protect the lens rather than filter out UV light. I regard this sort of kit as essential!

5.0 out of 5 stars camera protector., 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter (Electronics)
I was advised to put a protector filter on my new camera. This fitted perfectly. I have no complaints. I am a novice with cameras, hopefully this will stop me getting scratches on the lens.

Tiffen 46mm UV Protector Filter