Format: Audio CD|Change

With the success of Glee and the usual cycles of fashion and resurgence of all things eighties at the moment, REO Speedwagon fit in with all of this perfectly. With their catchy songs and mix of ballads and light rock they offer up plenty of fare to those who enjoy music from bands the likes of Journey and other eighties stalwarts. This offers up the best of their music (as the title suggests) as well as a few other tracks that may have slipped through the net. There is some crossover with their previous best of album 'Hits', but both albums have some songs not on the other. To be honest I prefer 'Hits' to this, but that may just be because I heard it first, but needless to say the track listing here is still excellent. `Keep on Loving You' is as anthemic as ever and `Can't Fight This Feeling' is always a romantic hit. OK, this may be cheesy in places and not very substantial, but it is great fun, of it's time and a great nostalgic hit for when the mood strikes you. Check it out.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 July 2008
I purchased this CD fairly cheaply for the one song 'Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore', a great, much-played ballad, and it was initially the only REO Speedwagon song that I was familiar with at the time.

When I listened to the whole album I was very surprised. I now have so many more favourite songs from this band, including 'Keep on Loving You' (the only other song on the album of which I instantly recognised) and 'Don't Let Him Go'. This is a generous compilation of 15 tracks, at a budget price, and all of which are are pretty much worth listening to.

'Take It On The Run' is a great introduction to the band's music. If you like similar soft-rock bands bands like Boston and Foreigner, these guys are another one for you.
on 19 August 2010
With this being a first album of REO we've bought it's pretty good. Have liked the well known songs that you hear all the time on the radio, television adverts and complilation cds and wanted to hear a bit more. A few of the songs aren't quite the sing along ones we know, but they'll get there with listening! All in all we're happy with it!
on 17 November 2009
WHAT AN OUTSTANDING ALBUM, I KNEW THE CLASSICS 'KEEP ON LOVING YOU' AND 'TAKE IT ON THE RUN' BUT THOUGHT WOULD GIVE IT A TRY AS I REALLY LIKE AMERICAN ROCK BANDS. EVERY TRACK IS REALLY GOOD WITH GREAT VOCALS AND SUPERB GUITAR SOLOS. IF YOU WANT AN EXCELLENTLY PRODUCED ALBUM AT A REALLY GOOD PRICE THEN LOOK NO FURTHER
VINE VOICEon 10 October 2009
Vilified by the music press for a style that resembled the likes of Boston, Styx and Foreigner without being quite as good as any of those bands, REO Speedwagon nevertheless left us with a few memorable hits. The two extremes of their output are displayed on successive tracks on this CD. 'In Your Letter', which appeared on their biggest album, 1980's 'Hi Fidelity', sounds like a sickly sweet, terribly twee pastiche of those early 1960s sickly sweet, terribly twee pop songs that masqueraded as rock and roll. Following this is the oldest track, 1972's 'Golden Country', a raucous, indisciplined hard rock track that sounds as if it's by a different band. Between these extremes falls their most satisfying material, featuring energised, yet polished hard rock with solid harmonies. 'Keep Pushin'', 'Roll With The Changes' and 'Ridin' The Storm Out' may sound cliched, but are exciting. Then of course there are the three big hits, 'Keep On Loving You', 'Can't Fight This Feeling' and 'Take It On The Run', which stand alone as pop songs in the guise of rock, thereby affording them the so-called 'power ballad' tag. REO Speedwagon weren't the best in their field, nor were they innovative, but they recorded enough good quality music to justify this compilation which, at the price, is excellent value.
on 24 June 2009
This is a great cd. I really enjoyed it, the tracks brought back a lot of memories.
on 29 December 2011
i bought this cd solely to get Take It On The run as i have only got it on single vinyl and i must say i like the cd altogether but then i do like REO speedwagon anyway my boys love it too.
From Lesley
on 30 November 2012
I heard this band play on Live Aid in 1985 & they were excellent, great singing & lead guitarist. Every track does not suit but there is plenty to make cd worth having.
on 13 February 2009
This was a replacement for tapes that were old and tired. The CD brought back many special memories. Can't believe I waited so long to to purchase it.
on 22 August 2013
It's been a long time since I've listened to REO and this album is certainly worth the wait, I had forgotten just how good they were.