5.0 out of 5 stars Vital component that works!
Not much to say really - it's a USB cable for connecting a printer to a computer. It does it, it works, it didn't cost much, and I'm happy! My only criticism is from the other end, so to speak! One of these should have been included with my new printer, but at least I knew that beforehand,having been warned by other Amazon reviewers!!
Published on 3 July 2010 by The Librarian

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of generic substitutes supplied by marketplace sellers
On ordering this item, a marketplace seller supplied me with a generic cable instead of the original HP C6518A 2 metre USB cable. The cable supplied was also shorter than stated: 1.8m in length not 2m.

In short, if you are looking for a top quality original manufacturer cable take care! Perhaps double check with the supplier before ordering?
Published on 23 Sept. 2010 by Peter

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It 'fixed' my printer!, 18 Aug. 2010
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
After buying a new printer (HP PS C6480) I noticed there was no USB cable included. Not a problem I thought, let me use my old one from my previous hp printer. I didn't think anything of it, the cable fitted it seemed fine.

But after two days of trying to get the computer to recognise the printer I decided to try a different USB cable as I had exhausted all other options.

And sure enough it worked and I was up in running in half a minute. Very frustrating they don't include a cable in the box.

NOTE: The cable included is black and not hp branded.

(but who cares it still works a treat and the black actually matches the colour of my printer).

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite Short and not white, 20 Sept. 2013
A. Coppo "Alby" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
I find this cable too short as the printer would need to sit right next to my laptop. Moreover the cable delivered was black and not white like in the picture. I have since bought a longer cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not necessarily an HP cable but cheap and works., 28 Jan. 2010
Shaun Thornley "Shaun" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
Despite the item heading and the photograph I wasn't sent an HP version of this cable, but who really cares. It was cheap (and had free postage), was delivered quickly and works. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, 31 July 2010
Alex MacCuish - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
I received this item from the seller promptly. Although the product picture depicts a white cable, I was sent a black one, but I'm not too fussed either way.

The cable does what it's required to do. For those who are unsure what this cable is for, it is a male USB-A (the square block end) to a male USB-B connection (the rectangular end), and is typically used for Printers and some External Hard Drives.

Overall, I'm happy with this product, but if you are looking for a color specific cable, you may want to either confirm with the seller, or choose a different cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
SPLENDID LITTLE - INEXPENSIVE - PRODUCT - DELIVERED IN A JIFFY - AND ENABLE ME TO GET MY HEWLETT PACKARD PRINTER RUNNING IN NO TIME AT ALL. I HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK,

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap. But Get Real...Printers are never supplied with a connection cable., 4 Sept. 2009
A. Halstead (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
I have bought literally hundreds of printers in my time, both in bulk for the company I work for, & for personal use, and NEVER have they been supplied with a connection cable, since the days of the parallel port connection. It just isn't done in the printer business. It's standard practice, & has been for many years. Ostensibly, as the printer supplier says that you might have a non-standard printer input port on your pc.

So I am amazed at the people who complain about this. This is a nice piece of kit. It works. It's cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent price, excellent delivery, excellent product, 21 July 2011
Shopaholic (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
This cable was bought in desperate need to set my printer up again after moving house so that I could get an assignment printed off. I misplaced the original so needed one quickly. This was a fantastic price and was exactly what I needed. It also arrived as a surprise to me the next day, which I thought to be fantastic considering it was free delivery too. Not much to say about the product itself as it does what it's supposed to do but hopefully I will be buying from the seller again. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars USB A-B Cable, 13 April 2011
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
Cable that I was delivered was as expected to be, but physicals differ to the image shown in that it is a black cable and was 1.8 metres as opposed to 2 metres. This was not a big deal though, its main purpose was connecting a printer to netbook which it did fine, the fact that it was a different colour and 20cm shorter is trivial but I just thought I'd mention it to set expectations. Excellent price and would purchase again if I were in need of another USB A-B cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 28 Mar. 2013
C. Redwood - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
This lead is just what I wanted to connect my computer to my printer / scanner. It is just a bit longer than my previous lead (2m vs. 1.8m) and allows the shelf with my printer on to slide out without pulling the plug out of the back of the printer. This was certainly the cheapest way I found to solve the problem. It works fine and does the job I expected it to do at a very reasonable price. Can't think of any reason not to give it full marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars best purchased item in my life, 17 Oct. 2009
M. F. Malik "malik" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP USB Cable A-B 2 Metre C6518A (Personal Computers)
i purchsed this hp usb cable from amazon. hp does not give the usb cable with the printer copier or scanner, customers have to purchase their on usb cable. as usual i visited the amazon. and i got the cable on a very very cheap price and it is brillient. i am very happy with this purchase and recommend other people as well ,i f they need usb cable for hp they must but it ,. its delivery was also super. cheap and best item..thanks amazon

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›