5.0 out of 5 stars We would give this film 6 stars if we could!
We have always been loyal to 'The Slipper and the Rose', the Gemma Craven/Richard Chamberlain musical Cinderella film and didn't expect to love this film as much as we did.
Published on 31 Jan. 2010 by Becky Sharpe

2.0 out of 5 stars wont play on my dvd player
no good to me will not play in my dvd waste of money. bought two one was a Christmas present.
Published 17 months ago by kit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars We would give this film 6 stars if we could!, 31 Jan. 2010
Becky Sharpe (Newmarket, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella [DVD] [1997] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
We have watched several Cinderella films recently, including the earlier Rodgers & Hammerstein version and the wonderful 'The Glass Slipper', with Leslie Caron, but this film has actually ended up being our favourite.
Brandy is a very endearing heroine with a beautiful singing voice and the prince is really charming. The film is just a glorious, richly coloured spectacle, heartwarming and beautiful to look at and very funny in places.
It was great to see a mixed race royal family and Bernadette Peters was truly remarkable as the step mother and gets the best costumes..!

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely show, 17 Jun. 2009
Having recently watched the original 1957 production, I was eager to watch this version.I was not disappointed! It was excellent, in stunning colour, especially the ballroom scene with its costumes in beautiful shades of blue. The choreography was excellent and the singing marvellous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD- Not able to be played in UK player though!!, 1 Sept. 2013
I used to watch this all the time when I was younger so decided to buy it and relive my childhood- great DVD and brilliant for kids as there are lots of songs to sing along to!
However, this DVD would not work in an English player- you have to convert it on a laptop/device of which there are only a limited number of times you can ever do this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whitney and Brandy Sparkle, 11 Dec. 2008
Little girls will love this film. Whoopi Goldberg, Whitney Houston as the Fairy Godmother and Brandy as Cinderella. My two daughters love it. The music by Rodgers and Hammerstein is brilliant and there is also a lot of laughs. A magical film.

5.0 out of 5 stars U.S. DVD - Region 1 Only, 10 Jan. 2014
My own mistake, I did not notice that this DVD is Region1 only. It will NOT play on a normal UK DVD player. However, it WILL play on my laptop. It is a very enjoyable film, excellent cast, very happy and funny. It is wonderful to see a mixed race family portrayed by the various actors and will delight all children and adults. My Grandaughter was absolutely thrilled to receive it and did not mind that she could not view it on a larger screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, 1 Dec. 2009
Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella...
I ordered this DVD because my daughters drama group are doing a production of this version of Cinderella and it was great to be able to see it. It is a lovely production very bright and colourful with beautiful costumes and sets.
The singing particularly by Brandy is excellent., while Whitney Houston shows why she is such a diva as the Fairy Godmother. Great cast, great show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinders, 2 Feb. 2013
Kehinde (uk / england) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter because she goes on about being a princess all the time. I try to purchase media that reflects her image as often as possible. i have seen this film before on the Disney channel and always thought it was great. The product arrive on time and my youngster daughter watch it with her brother who is 8 straight away. They really loved it, they continue to watch it over and over again. We have watched it as a family at Christmas time. Me, my wife, my15 year old daughter, 8 year old son and of cause my 3 year old daughter. Like it a lot brilliant film for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best cinderella!, 24 May 2009
Ms. Rebecca J. Connelly "becz" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
i loved this film as a kid and still love it now the songs are so catchy there should be a soundtrack!!

2.0 out of 5 stars wont play on my dvd player, 10 Dec. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars I was very disappointed with this DVD I wish I had read the ..., 23 Sept. 2014
I was very disappointed with this DVD I wish I had read the reviews first before buying it, it is an American DVD and can't be watched in the uk and me and my daughters were looking forward to watching it so we were all let down, there was nothing in the envelope to send it back so I'm now stuck with a DVD we can't watch. Very unhappy about this

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›