4.0 out of 5 stars Something Wonderful, 21 Sep 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The King And I (Audio CD)
This is one of the better recordings of the show. Many previous recordings have been too operatic, with not much dialogue included. I was very pleased to see here The Small House Of Uncle Thomas, the first recording of a professional production to include this. The only other recording to boast this is a studio recording with Christopher Lee. I also own the Broadway recording of the similar production, and am relieved that Elaine Paige's accent is somewhat better than Donna Murphy's! Her singing is fabulous, especially in the Shall We Dance number. However it does miss out several tracks that the Broadway version included, notably The Procession.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought this version first!, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The King And I (Audio CD)
After buying a previous version of The King and I CD first and it didn't have the track on I needed, I read the reviews of this one and it did include The Ballet Small house of Uncle Thomas .

4.0 out of 5 stars the king and i, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: The King And I (Audio CD)
saw this show when it was on at the Palladium, with the same cast. had bought the CD but lost it, so enjoyed listening to it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 16 Jun 2010
This review is from: The King And I (Audio CD)
I enjoyed this better than than the cast recording of the Broadway revival, most importantly for two things: Elaine Paige and then inclusion of "The Small House of Uncle Thomas"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recording!, 7 Dec 2009
F. Callanta "FC" (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The King And I (Audio CD)
This is a an excellent recording and quite happy to see "Small House of Uncle Thomas" in the album. I don't understand why productions always skip this track in their recordings (i.e. U.S. Studio and 1996 Broadway Revival). The cast is outstanding, and kudos goes to Aura Deva! Her Tuptim is so much better than the 96 Broadway Revival Company.

The King And I
The King And I by Elaine Paige (Audio CD - 2000)