5.0 out of 5 stars sheer brilliance, 26 Nov. 2001
At last this collection of remixes brings together Jazzanova's best works over the years. The unofficial German equivalent of Kruder & Dorfmeister shows they are able to re-style different musical genres and inject a new life into each track. What is more astounding is how the 20 tracks on the 2 LD set amalgamate into one cohesive album to create an unique sound that is truly Jazzanova.
The irresistible audio hybrid of jazz, electronica, bossa nova, electronica, trip-hop, drum and bass and down-tempo grooves is a thrilling rollercoaster ride on the most rewarding musical journey in recent memory. Highlights include Marschmellows' "Soulpower" and Ian Pooley's "What's Your Number".

5.0 out of 5 stars No contest..., 6 Jan. 2002
A. BADDELEY "sawtooth12" (Cape Town, South Africa) - See all my reviews
Jazzanova are absolutely superb... my favourite band of the moment. Immensely tight sounding, everything / all instrumentation and elements have been perfectly and precisely spliced and crafted to create a seriously tuff funky, at times tribal / nu-jazz / afro-funk sound. Hard to describe, takes a few listens, but this album will stand the TEST OF TIME... SERIOU MUSIC FOR SERIOUS HEADS. Check it! Big up all Jazzanova crew. PS: Great for chilling or for dancing: music for all moods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Sublime, 23 Nov. 2000
Mr. A. B. Nathan "ascher" (london) - See all my reviews
Jazzanova were one of those names that had been floating around, but I had never really stumbled across them until I bought this album of remixes. If any one thing represented new music this is it. They are deep, funky and manage to intertwine between house, latin and breaks. All is most chilled, and very subtly produced. Stand out tracks would be the remixes of Ursula Rucker, Incognito, MJ Cole and Ian Pooley, but the remainder of the double album is absolute quality...no fillers!!! Yes, I will say it again, Jazzanova represent all that is original, funky and new in music today. Definately a Kruder and Dorfmeister K & D Sessions for the year 2000.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Honestly Doesn't Get MuchBetter, 28 Jun. 2001
Stephen Ritchie (Tunbridge Wells, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
All i can say that once this compilation slipped in my player, i was captived.
Phat beats, beautiful vocals, samba rhythms groovy B-lines. It's all there. For me its one of my favourites this year. It honestly honestly doesnt get much better. If you like the samba flava around at the mo, this jazzy comp will bust ure nuts! (or nips!).
Remix of MJ Cole Sincere is ace, there are so many other classy tracks to make this value for money. after all, Cd's aint exactly cheap these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars This album has been a favourite of mine for years!, 10 Mar. 2012
This album has always been my favourite Jazzanova album & still remains 1 of my all time favourites. Let's face it, we often love an album when we 1st purchase it (which is when many are inclined to review) & then it gets played less & less but not this one, as I find myself returning to it again & again, it's a sure fire stayer for me. I always remember making a compilation containing tracks from many of my favourite albums & thinking I'd pick a couple of tracks from each album. I managed that for every album except this one & ended up picking no less than 6 tracks. This is the easiest 5 star rating I'm likely to make, my advice would be go buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as they're said to be, 30 April 2001
By A Customer
Having recently heard Alex Jazzanova in the mix on Gilles Peterson's R1 show Worldwide, I decided to get round to getting hold of this record.
I wasn't disappointed.
Jazzanova provide a constantly evolving sound over the first few listens and even after that, it'll take you a while before you become tired of this collection.
They're a bit like the Cinematic Orchestra, but with a sharper, more upbeat edge.
Looking forward to the new album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovy tunes that will get you moving., 22 Jan. 2001
I bought this in December 2000 on the strength of a review in the Wire magazine. It is full of groovy tunes that are guaranteed to get you moving. I particularly like the tracks by Men from the Nile and Koop. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars takes the art of the remix to new levels.Essential, 12 April 2002
After purchasing this CD I noticed that so many of the cuts were already on my favorites list. From complex and propolsive remixes of 4Hero, to percussively melodic and narratively dramatic reorchestrations for Truby Trio. Basically, remixes are a misnomer for what this band of merry jazzsters do - reimaging...re-orchestration...rejazzed. Pure great stuff. Oh, and the MJ Cole remix makes almost everything on the original seem one dimensional. Can you tell I dig It. DJGNOSIS

5.0 out of 5 stars trully jazzy...!!, 19 July 2005
Jazzanova seems to be the "standard" of the music fans of 2040...!!!
breakbeats, melodies, astonishing percusions and many more complete the image..!
nu jazz at its best..

5.0 out of 5 stars It'll grow on you, 14 Mar. 2001
By A Customer
Difficult to define such a mix of funky genres, but suffice to say it works really well. Never predictable, this should take pride of place in your lounge!

Remixes 1997-2000 [VINYL]
Remixes 1997-2000 [VINYL] by Jazzanova (Vinyl - 2001)