5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning
Ok, we know this is not a very good lemon squeezer, but it is beautiful in every sense of the word and lights up your kitchen with wonder and elegance. I love mine so much its actually acting as a sculpture in my living room! If you know someone who loves design and doesn't have one I guarantee it will be a perfect present!
Published on 2 Oct 2011 by Mr. C. J. Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars all look
as a style icon its unbeatable. but not useful for purpose - more kitchen ornament than utensil but undeniably beautiful
Published 18 months ago by Christina Wainwright

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 2 Oct 2011
Mr. C. J. Parker (Loughborough, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB!!!, 19 July 2009
This review is from: Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
This is just such a cool looking product - It looks really stylish on your counter top and is such a clever design. The practical amongst you will recognise that you can't stop pips going into your cup. But who cares when your squeezer looks sooooo good. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alessi - Squeeze Me, 25 Oct 2008
Alessi Lover "C.A.D." (Knightley UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
A iconic styled item, one for any Alessi lover, or any design conscious person.

This is not only a design classic but also a functional item too.

Not only to be used for squeezing lemons, but oranges and grapefruit as well.

It looks more like a cross between an object in the Barbarella film and a starship enterprise film. Spider like or rocket like is what our children describe it as looking. Or an alien with three extremely long legs, well the imagination of our seven year old holds no bounds!

Designed by Philppe Starck back in 1990 and still in demand in this decade and one of which I am sure will still be around for many years to come, even if in years to come the next generation come across one and wonder what on earth it is. An instrument of torture or just a wacky art object. Could make a great guessing game in the years to come!

One thing that must be said is that this item is not dishwasher proof, but easily cleaned in the sink with hot soapy water.

An extremely easy item to use and also a pleasure to use, don't you find that items which are easy to use make it a pleasure not a chore to do things with, I know for one I do!

The one I have is in the silver/chrome alloy metal and looks stunning alongside chrome accessories in my kitchen. There is also a gold coloured and black squeezer made, not quite sure where you could get hold of the black one though as the last time I saw that for sale was over a year ago at Selfridges.

Treat yourself or just your kitchen to a piece of designer luxury, great as a Silver wedding anniversary present or wedding gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN ALIEN HAS LANDED IN OUR KITCHEN, 16 May 2011
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
This beautiful streamlined citrus squeezer was designed by Philippe Starck in 1990 and I had been coveting it from the moment I saw it. So, when my wife and I moved in together this was one of the first Alessi products we bought.

It is solidly built and although it may not be the most practical squeezer (the citrus juice will splash around your container if it is not large enough), it has never left our counter-top.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, want it!, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this as a gift I really wanted to keep for myself. A beautiful design classic, who wouldn't want to show it off? The person I bought for keeps it in the cupboard ... :( Nuff said

3.0 out of 5 stars all look, 4 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, works ok, 28 Oct 2010
S. Jeffery (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
In typical Alessi style the salif juice squeezer looks beautiful. It is definitely very much a "leave out on the side to be admired" product rather than something you tuck away in the cupboard waiting to be used. Then again that is what you would expect of something designed by Philippe Starck. But does it work well as a functioning juicer? If you just seem some lemon or lime juice for a recipe then its fine but I wouldn't recommend it for juicing oranges to drink (far too laborious!). Equally there are other things out there that would probably be more effective (a cheap wooden reamer for example) but the style of this one outweighs any ease of use issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alessi Juicy Squeezer, 15 Dec 2009
Patricia French (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
What can be said to improve such a work of art. If not used, its an object of beauty!

3.0 out of 5 stars alessi lemo squeezer, 30 Nov 2009
This review is from: Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
A nice product to look at but rather difficult to use. I managed to get more juice down my front than in a glass!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Alessi Juicy Salif Citrus Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
Bought as a wedding gift - very light and smaller than I expected, but a real design icon and very well made. I was expecting it to be much more expensive (not usually being in the market for iconic designer goods) but the price is perfect for something that will probably be displayed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›