5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for everyone, 6 Jan 2010
A. O'Rourke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Ali Baba & His Bucking Camel (Toy)
Decided to buy this game for my friends two boys (6 and 4). I originally planned to get Buckaroo (as I had it as a child) but after reading the poor reviews for it, I decided to get this one. The kids love it! The camel has a very sensitive and powerful spring action... it really does give you a fright when it goes off! The instructions are clear and the great thing is that even when the kids are waiting for their turn it is still exciting to watch someone else try to place the pieces on. The pieces are really good quality, as too are the camel etc. The only small issue we had to start with was getting the camel to sit down and not set it off when loading the seat and man on before the start. We found it was best to lift it off the table slightly when using the neck and tail to seat it. Once you have the hang of it there are no problems but I'm not sure that a younger child could manage this on their own. Placing objects at the back of the camel seems easier than at the front so younger children can do well at the game too. I think it's great quality and entertainment for the price and when the kids are in bed - is great for adults too (especially after a few drinks!)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant game!!!, 23 Nov 2009
A. Salt "shinystar08" (staffordshire, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Ali Baba & His Bucking Camel (Toy)
this is a brilliant game for young and old, it says that its for 4years and up but my 2year old daughter LOVES it!!
same goes for my older nephews who are coming upto 10years - they play with it all the time!
its far better than buckaroo, it makes you jump more, and the point scoring cards is a brilliant idea!!
we have also used it as a drinking game, when the kids arent around, whoever makes the camel jump has to down a shot ( and believe me it gets much harder to place the objects when youve had a few lol)!!
if there is one game the family has for christmas this year i would definately recommend this one - its brilliant!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tension mounts, 12 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Tomy Ali Baba & His Bucking Camel (Toy)
What fun...very gingerly my daughter reaches to put an item on Ali...thrusts it at me and tells me to do it and hides behind the sofa! Screams with delight as Ali leaps to his feet! Fun for all the family!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to get the camel to sit!!, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: Tomy Ali Baba & His Bucking Camel (Toy)
This is a great game. My 3 year old loves playing with it and it's the first game where we're playing it (mostly) properly. For those who have difficulty getting the camel to sit (I did!!) then take a look at the video on YouTube. Search for Ali babas camel how to sit.

Tomy Ali Baba & His Bucking Camel