Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 July 2002
I bought this taking a chance because I'd heard the first 2 singles and liked them and as soon as I played it through for the first time I loved it, and that's quite unusual for me. This album is definitely a recommendation if you like powerful songs that still have life and catch tunes and at just 12 tracks it's not too short, but doesn't overstay it's welcome.
1. Genie In A Bottle: 9/10 First single and a really great song.
2. What A Girl Wants: 8/10 Second single and also quite amazing.
3. I Turn To You: 11/10 Definitely the best song on the album. It's a ballad but still has a catch tune and isn't slow and boring like some other ballads. Listen for Christinas powerful vocals towards the end.
4. So Emotional: 10/10 Very catchy song definitely worthy of singledom.
5. Come On Over (All I Want Is You): 9/10 Highly recommended and christinas most recent single.
6. Reflection: 10/10 Another beautiful ballad from the movie Mulan, a highly recommended listen.
7. Love For All Seasons: 9/10 Another great catchy tune with Christinas wonderful singing.
8. Somebody's somebody: 10/10 yet another amazing catchy tune which is quite long at just over 5 minutes but that's not a problem at all seeing as it's so good.
9. When You Put Your Hands On Me: 9/10 Another song with an amazing tune.
10. Blessed: 9/10 A beautifully produced upbeat ballad.
11. Love Will Find A Way: 8/10 Not the best but definitely not rubbish.
12. Obvious: 7/10 Probably the worst song on the album as it is a ballad and very slow but still very well produced and of good quality.
Overall, every track on this album is fantastically produced and well worth a listen. Everyone should have a copy of this in their cd collection it's worth every penny.
on 27 February 2001
Ok heres what I think of each song:
1. Genie in a bottle: Y'all know this one. Super groovy and cool. Actually, probably the best song on the album 5/5
2. What a girl wants: I think this ones ok. It's nothing marvellous but it's catchy and radio friendly...easy to listen too 3/5
3. I turn to you: This ones alright too. It's not my fave ballad on the album though. 3.5/5
4. So Emotional: An album filler if you ask me. Mid-tempo song but nothing great. 2/5
5. Come on over: Well this was a single so it would have to be great. I love this one and it's what made me decide to buy the album. 5/5
6. Reflection: This is a brill ballad from the Mulan movie. Christina has one of the best voices ever! 5/5
7. Love for all seasons: An average mid-tempo song. Christina's brill voice carries it through. 3/5
8. Somebody's somebody: The worst song on the album. But saying that, it isn't rubbish or anything, it just isn't as good as the rest. 2/5
9. When you put your hands on me: A kind of mid-tempo song. Alright but won't exactly win Christina any new fans...unless these people are really easily pleased. A typical album song. 2.5/5
10. Blessed: A ballad. I like this one up until the chorus. Nothing spectacular but nice all the same. 3/5
11. Love will find a way: Another typical mid-tempo album song that you can imagine just about anybody singing. It has no special Christina-style melody. 2/5
12. Obvious: I love this one. It's a big ballad. If it wasn't for Christina's great voice it might not be so good but I love it. 5/5
Well that's the album reviewed for you. Course, this is only my opinion.
on 16 February 2005
Even though this is not a patch on "STRIPPED", it is a brilliant debut album from Christina Aguilera. With her amazing vocals and catchy tunes, it is obvious why this became a number one album. There are many fantastic songs on here including the number one singles; "genie in a bottle" and "what a girl wants". This is a keeper.
on 7 November 2000
I am a HUGE fan of Christina Aguilera so when she re-released her album, I just had to get it! (even though I had the first album!) The box set includes her first album aswell as CD2 which has 6 tracks including Genie in a bottle, What a girl wants, I turn to you in remixes, Genie in a bottle in spanish, her radio version of Come on over(all I want is you) PLUS a new song called Don't make me love you! I think she has the most amazing voice and has done soooo well! -xox-
on 26 November 2005
This is a brilliant album that greatly exceeded my expectations. It definitely makes a refreshing change from the albums of the many young manufactured singers of today which consist of a few catchy singles and then effortless fillers. It is clear that effort has gone into each song. Although Christina did not write these songs herself, she carries them off well with her amazing vocals and the songs are not corny, they are about topics which a lot of people, male and female, young and old can relate to. If you think that Genie in a Bottle is going to be the only good song on the album, buy it and prove yourself wrong!
on 2 June 2001
This is the BEST Christina release yet! It has the full debut album (but it was re-done so it has the single versions of "What A Girls Wants" and "Come on Over, Baby"). The second cd has never-before heard remixes of "Genie In A Bottle" "What A Girl Wants," and "I Turn To You." The CD also has the unreleased song"Don't Make Me Love You" as well as the video version of "Come on Over Baby." The BEST track on the album is the "Genio Atrapado" (Genie In A Bottle) remix - it has a true latin feel and you can't help but dance! Must Have!
on 18 July 2001
Both Britney and Christina are great, but thats where the similarities end. Christina's debut album offers its listener something a little deeper than Britney's. Christina's album hasn't pigeon holed her in one genre of music, she can belt out a fantastic pop song, Genie and When You Put Your Hands, but its her incredible and rightly critically acclaimed voice that seperates her from pop musics blonde teenagers. Christina's voice is all woman. Hitting high nots with ease, displaying a fantastic talent for vocal gymnastics, Christina IS the voice of our generation. Although Whitney and Mariah are still hot, its Christina's voice thats on fire and represents the Millenium talent. This girl can dance, sing and looks great, my prediction is- She's here to stay.
on 3 March 2013
The two main points to this album is firstly the recording quality, and secondly, the mixes on the second disc. This will without fail lead you on to the Spanish cd that Christina recorded; Mi Reflejo by Christina Aguilera (2004). This will now be my next purchase.
on 7 September 2003
This album has been recently labeled as a bad record due to the great critical acclaim of Christinas comeback album "Stripped" but I still personally believe that this is a great album inspite of the amazing Stripped album. I decided to describe my favourites from the album..
GENIE IN A BOTTLE- 5/5 This was Christina's debut single and is a great song to dance to and it just has a magic which is hard to explain but you get it whenyou hear it.
WHAT A GIRL WANTS- 5/5 I ove this aswell and is one of those songs that you can enjoy almost anytime, and I don't think theres anything wrong about a man liking this song aswell.
COME ON OVER(ALL I WANT IS YOU)- 5/5 I realise you must think I'm being to kind but this is just so great for dancing to nd singing so I can't possibly criticise it.
I TURN TO YOU- 5/5 I can't understand why this was Christina's lowest chart entry when it is just so amazing and really proves that Christina isn't all about good looks and dancing but she actually has an amazing voice. I think this is a true highlight.
OBVIOUS- 5/5 I do like this one and can understand why this was the song that made record companies notice her. It's a sweeping ballad that describes the way you can often feel and you will like this one if you get the album.
The other songs on the album all have a great vibe an earn a good few listens and I hope I've helped you decide if you want this album or not.
on 13 April 2007
Stripped is Christina's best album in terms of biting - and true to life -lyrics and vocal gymnastics, but the Christina Aguilera cd is a more enjoyable and welcome experience - showcasing smooth,beautiful and relaxed singing with lively,upbeat rhythms.