Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 March 2001
Great covers of sixties soul (You Keep Me Hangin' On") sit alongside originals that have become classics ("You're In My Heart") on one of Rod's last truly great albums. It's all here: the sassy and dirty rockers ("Hot Legs" / "Born Loose"), the hit singles ("Only Joking"), the emotional ballads ("You've Got A Nerve", "If Loving You Is Wrong"). The production is clear and crisp pushing that great voice forward to great effect, and the remastering works a treat. Update your scratched LP or discover it for the first time. Either way, at this price, it's a bargain.
on 12 June 2007
This is my all time fav Rod Stewart album. With this album you are able to take a journey through Heartache, Romance, Love and Fun. A great album to add to any collection be you a Rod fan or not. This would be a fantastic place in which to begin your love affair with the Gravel voiced Cockney Scott who shares all his romanic inuendo's with us on this classic album. Do yourself a favour and buy this for the start of a great romance you can have with musics best known and individuel voice.
on 29 November 2013
I have just repurchased this album having previously owned it on vinyl back in the 70s. This to me is one of my favourite Rod albums. I think at this time Rod was in untouchable form in the mid 70s and I love the way he mixes rockers with powerful ballads. I really think that the last 4 tracks on the album are utterly brilliant. I simply love his versions of "You Keep Me Hangin' On" and "(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right", beautifully sung and brilliantly produced. But for me the stand out track is the last "I Was Only Joking". What a fabulous track, criminally underrated I feel, with preference given to the other A side - "Hotlegs", it just keeps getting over looked, which is a shame. I saw Rod live in Swansea a couple of years ago and to my dismay he never sang it.
There are 2 tracks that I am not so keen on, which stop this from being a 5 star album, " You're Insane" and "Born Loose" are rockers that just seem to be fillers for me and I just skip them now to get to the other 6 tracks. The remastering is great as well so overall this ranks as one of Rods great albums. If I could give it 4 and half out of 5 I would but that's not allowed so it has to be a 4
on 11 January 2013
Not long after he had moved to america , Rod released this album , big on production , classic rock , the cover version of Keep me hanging on is awesome , the record starts with a simmer , then turns into a bang , Hot Legs , Your in my heart , i was only joking , showed how strong a writer Rod is , timeless classics , one record tumbles into the other without much effort , the production is second to none with a very tight band , a truly classic album , Legend
on 21 November 2010
good cd all good tracks love his version " you keep me hanging on". much better than supremes and kim wilde. I had the original vinyl played it alot.
on 31 July 2010
The CD is the best I have purchased for a long while. I think some of my friends will be ordering cd's from you.
on 24 December 2015
Great album, it uses a fast and slow side format which works. This is the album that should silence any doubters about Rod's vocal ability, it is full of classic songs including "Hot Legs" and "You're in my Heart", but the stand out song is the Motown classic "You keep me hanging On", this simple song develops epic proportions and is the finest cover version ever recorded. We also hear Rod's sensitivity side with "I was only Joking". Get a glass of wine and sit back and enjoy, you will not be disappointed - Rod at his best!
on 3 October 2013
This album has always been a favourite. I am buying cd's to update my collection.A suberb album. One of his best.
on 29 December 2010
Yes, this was really a blast from the past! Sound quality was excellent and we really enjoyed revisiting the old memories that it threw up. Very pleased with purchase.
on 5 August 2015
Finally added this to my collection. Wonderful memories of my youth, the brilliant version of 'You Keep Me Hanging On' is worth the purchase price alone.