5.0 out of 5 stars The best of them all!, 18 April 2002
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
This is surely the best strategy game that ever passed my way. With the number of populations, maps and locations, the combination possibilites are next to infinite. Each new game is a new experience altogether. I highly recommend it. Age of Empires 2 is one of those addictive games which simply make you play it more and more. It is just extraordinary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Age Of Empires2 The Age Of The Kings, 28 Oct. 2000
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
I love playing Microsoft games I think they are all good games what the company make. I have not yet played one I dislike. But the main ones I like are the Age of Empires when My mum and dad got me a pc I got Age of Empires with the computer and from then on I got into it and kept on playing them. Today I got Age Of Empires2 the age of the kings and it is the best age of empire game I have played yet. It is easy to use and easy to play. This is what I gave the game out of 5.
Graphics 5/5
Game play 5/5 Sound 5/5
I think that age of empires is the best microsoft game out. And I hope they continue on making more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best strategy game ever!, 10 Jun. 2001
Ian Scott (Lichfield, Staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
If you thought Age of Empires I: The Rise of Rome was good, then wait until you see this! Age of Empires II has extra features including History, Campaign editor and Learn to Play. In single-player mode, you can play a Death Match, Regicide, Random Map or Campaign, using one of 13 civilizations to advance from the Dark Age, to the Feudal Age, then the Castle Age and finally the Imperial Age. There are hundreds of different units and loads of different types of map to play on. What's so cool about Age of Empires II is that you can create your own Campaign (a set of maps with a story behind it) and show it off to other players over the internet! Building an empire and ruling the world has never been so much fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best strategy game I've played, 3 July 2004
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
The first time I played this game was at my cousin's house. When I first got on it, it was by far the best strategy game I'd ever played. There are so many neat little touches and refinements. The internet multiplayer is amazing, and a worthy addition to round off the campaigns and random maps, which are the main part of the game. The Map Editor is also very good aswell, so I recommend you buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changes every time, 7 Dec. 2000
Jim (North England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
Brilliant game. One of the major advantages over other strategy games like command and conquer is that you can play random map games that change every time. You do not have to wait for the next expansion pack for some variety. Try going into chat mode and entering 'rock on' or 'robin hood' for more resources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Game Ever!!, 10 Dec. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
If I could only have one PC/Video game, it would definitely be this one (probably with the expansion pack).
I used to play it for hours each weekend, and during holidays would pretty much play it every day non-stop if I could.

The only bad thing is it doesn't work well on Windows 7, so I can't really play it anymore. I am able to get AOE III to work, though I don't like the graphics or gameplay quite as much as this one. I'd love it if they re-released it as it's the best of all the AOE games, and would happily pay for it again if it would work on Windows 7 and any future versions. Would also like to see an AOE 4 which they sort of hinted at in the AOE 3 booklet, but not seen anything about it yet :(

Anyway, if you're a fan of strategy games, building up your city and army, and then protecting it by destroying all the other civilizations, I'd highly recommend this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Age of empires 2, 27 May 2001
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
It is such a cool game and I have spent hours playing on it and have never got bored. It is fun but involves history (helps getting your parents to buy it for you) and needs quick reactions and strategic thinking. A must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Age of the Kings, 4 Nov. 2000
Emma Wilkinson (Maidenhead, Berkshire,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
This game is fantastic! Building things, cheats,battling and creating things and MORE! The raids always come as a surpise! Look after those villagers! ABSALOUTLEY FAB!

5.0 out of 5 stars A.O.E 2- a classic!, 2 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
Aoe 2 is a few years old but 1 an amazing game! There are many different tribes, like the Japaneze, the British and the Mongloian! In Aoe 2 you can have your own unique units and make you different and stronger than your enemies. i.e the British- Long Bowmen. the Chineze- Kun Nu Chus. Vikings- Long boats and Beserks. Goths- Huskarals. And whats more you can upgrade them into thier Elite form to make them even stronger!
So all in all, this game will keep you entertained for hours on end!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Age2.....as i call it....., 17 Jan. 2001
araddenbury (South of England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings (Video Game)
What can i say...Great! No more than great...PUKKA! This is the best game i have ever played.Multiplayer:awesome ; Single player:amazing. You have to have it!

Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings
Age Of Empires 2: The Age of Kings by Microsoft (Windows 95 / 98 / NT)
Used & New from: £5.22