Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 February 2002
This album caught my eye the other day, was nicely packaged and contained all the hits and their B-sides (plus a couple of singles that missed the charts). Having some worn Bell singles in my box, I took the opportunity to purchase and get some decent sounding versions of these well known songs.
I must say it was worth it. In digital glory both A and B sides are given a new lease of life. There is finally on cd a stereo version of 'The tears I cried' although some of the b-sides are still mono recordings.
Two of the b-sides; Makes you blind and Biscuit are quite funky and not at all what you would expect from Garys former backing band.
All in all an entertaining 55 minutes worth of music.
on 7 December 2000
After backing Gary Glitter for years The Glitter Band decided that they could find success for themselves and so in 1974 released the first of their 6 top 10 hits "Angel face".That track and their other foot stomping hits are featured on this "The bell collection".Whilst Gary made fun of his singles,The Glitter Band were comitted to being serious and usually involved heartbreak or hopes of living together peacefully.The tunes are catchie and you do find yourselve singing along to the chorus of some of their hits,most noteably "Let's get together" and "Good by my love",their number 2 hit from 1975.They were a talented group who managed to be regarded as artists in their own right and not just a backing group but when they tried hard to shed the Glitter image in 1976,they couldn't and so will be best rememberd for being the group with 2 drummers and the star guitar that had hand clapping hits of the mid 70's.all in all a damned good album of memories for us 70's teenagers.It's ironic that the groups first album was called "Hey!" and now 25 years later we can't quite hear and often say "hey!"
on 14 February 2008
This CD gathers up all the A & B sides of Gary Glitter's former backing group, themselves a highly bankable chart act in their own right, and reminds us that there was more to life than a double snare drum. Highlight is the superb The Tears I Cried, a UK top 10 hit in 1975, though most fans will love hearing Let's Get Together Again and Angel Face one more time. A note about sound quality: the A sides sound good but the B's are more or less in their original 8-track format, which doesn't always come out well on CD (left-speaker right-speaker production in laymans terms). Which is a shame as some of them show the band experimenting a bit away from the Boy's Own fist-in-the-air hits. Well worth a listen.
on 24 May 2016
Although labelled 'Glam Rockers', the Glitter Band had more substance and style than that term would suggest. Mind you, "Angel Face" is quintessential Glam Rock, with its loud guitars and pounding drums helping to make a musical statement. The follow-up "Just for You", was a bit of a letdown by comparison. Fortunately,though, this was just a blip. With the pulsating "Let's Get Together Again", the band regained its footing and began an all-too brief run of fine singles, which included the Beach Boys-inspired "Love in the Sun", the catchy "Alone Again" (which would have benefitted from a faster tempo) and the exquisite "People Like You and People Like Me". A top five success, the quality and style of "People" suggested that the Glitter Band was improving all the time and had what was needed to be a chart force for years to come. Bizarre then that it turned out to be their final hit. Yes, lots to admire here, and even some of the featured B-sides are pretty tasty.
on 4 May 2012
Was it really that long ago?

Great to finally find an album with all the "b-sides" along with the A's.

Firstly the memories of the time come flooding back & then as if it was yesterday you remember all the words, well most of them anyway. I bought this album because we kind of are not allowed to buy any Gary Glitter stuff but it wasn't our fault he turned bad & why should we forget the memories that go with the great sounds. So now I've played this one the GG album is on the way.

I would say 95% of the tracks I enjoy & it's only a couple I don't remember but the collection is well worth having.

So Let's Get Together Again before The Tears I Cried start running down your Angel Face.
on 9 August 2007
With all due respect to the 7t's label and Cherry Red records, I thought that I was buying digital versions of those marvellous Bell singles from the mid 1970's.However, what I found were inferrior re-recorded versions.(The same thing happened with Hello's singles collection on the same label) The true digital versions of those string of hit singles can be found on the CD version of the 1976 LP - Greatest Hits.
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2015
Nostalgic trip down memory lane.
Great tunes at a good price.
on 1 July 2015
Well, they are the ultimate rock n rollers, so had to be 5 star!
on 3 April 2016
Love the glitterband and this is a good mix of songs
on 22 July 2015
another guilty pleasure gift for me.