5.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe everything you read!!
Published on 27 July 2009 by Sandra Coe

3.0 out of 5 stars What's happened to the quality?
Published on 25 Mar 2008 by K. Farrell

3.0 out of 5 stars What's happened to the quality?, 25 Mar 2008
K. Farrell (Twickenham, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
This was a favourite game of mine growing up and I was excited to get this for my daughter. However, it is now incredibly flimsy - the plastic pieces fall out all the time, the cards pop out which is so disappointing. They still enjoy playing the game as much as we did, but I spend a lot of time putting it back together. By the way, I have 2 girls, who are not rough with toys! When I buy a replacement (I am sure I will have to, this is just not going to last) it will be from a supermarket - they all have their own versions. This isn't worth paying any extra for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality ruins the game, 30 Sep 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
I completely agree with the previous reviews, I remember playing this game and flicking down the faces - in this new version the tiny cards come flying out. The design is just awful - you'd think it'd be an easy design, just be able to slide the cards between two slats to hold the card in place?! In this version, they just rest on the front of the plastic holders - so of course they go flying. It's ridiculous.

The kids spend all their time picking out cards that have fallen out, knocking down surrounding cards in the process, and then getting the answer wrong. And it also makes setting up for a new game slow and laborious, as if you flick the set upside down, (as suggested) to rest it, all the cards fall out, and you have to set it all up again. The pictures are a lot smaller than the old game too, so that you can hardly see some features, like earrings, or lip colour.

Such a shame - I'm very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Guess who 2011, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
Wow, I remember playing this as a kid 20 years ago but I think technology and manufacturing processes in the board game industry must have gone backwards.

The build quality is shocking. So flimsy and poorly made. Most of the parts are not even removed from the plastic moulding. It actually recommends in the instructions that after snapping the peices out you file down the rough edges with sand paper!!?? It's not an airfix model!!! How about the manufacturers build it and kids play it?

If I can find the original on ebay or somewhere i'll buy that version because this won't last 5 minutes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, 28 May 2007
Stephen Tyrell (Surrey) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
Bought this for my children as it is a fantastic game I played when I was a youngster. Really excited to get home and unpack but could not believe the low quality of this board game. Each of the guess who "candidates" cards you have to put into their individual frames one by one. Once you have placed into their frames, the game involves flipping these frames down...and the cards fall out of their frames every time!!

The majority of the time my children played the game they were trying to keep the cards inside their frames....and got bored.

THis quality is not acceptable and a great game is unplayable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Build Quality Makes It a Bad Buy - Unplayable, 27 Oct 2008
debbie8355 "*" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
The quality of the construction this game is so bad it becomes completely unplayable after only 1 or 2 uses by careful children. The plastic snaps or breaks so the cards can no longer be held. The plastic is also so lightweight it is difficult to get the cards to stay up. It is fiddly beyond words to get the cards to stay in their holders. The plastic card holders are meant to click into place but they are simply not up to the job. Ours is held together with sellotape.
It is really disappointing as the game is fantastic and so great at helping childrens reasoning skills and comprehension. There is a
killer question 'does he have facial hair' ie moustache or beard which will win most games though.
The build quality is abysmal and we are on our third version as it falls apart.
I would buy a better made deluxe or 'special' edition like a shot if it was available but this set is so poorly made it feels like a complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe everything you read!!, 27 July 2009
Sandra Coe - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
Having read some of the reviews of this game I was really reluctant to buy it for my daughter as it sounded so flimsy. She was adamant that she wanted it though so we went ahead and bought....and I'm glad we did! The cards do not drop out at all....provided you insert them correctly as per the instructions. There are two small lugs at either side of each of the little plastic card holders (at about ear level on the cards). Providing you click the card passed these lugs they stay in place perfectly so please don't be put off buying it! We've had hours of endless fun and the cards haven't dropped out once.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
Bought this for my nephews as it's such a classic and fun game, But this was not fun to play. Extremely disappointed. Bring back the old style. Everything about it is cheap and they have obviously tried to cut costs in re-making what should have been a great game. The flaps keep closing while in the middle of a game, the characters are all on a sheet of card that is too hard to slot in frame, the way it stands is awkward to play. What a waste of money, we set it up, played once and never again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game for all ages, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
My granddaughters 3 and 5 both like this game but the adults also play and like it well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Guess what?, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
My family have just bought the new Guess Who? and I am feeling quietly confident that this game board will last longer than the previous one.

Like many of the previous reviewers, I really enjoyed this game when I was a kid and can remember the weight of the plastic in my hands.

However when I purchased the Guess Who board game for my kids I was shocked by the general lack of quality and the amount of time it took me to put it together. No matter how careful my family were faces always fell out of the holders and inevitably got lost.

We just saw the advert for this game and I have rushed out to get it. So far I am impressed. The quality is not great but it is better than my previous game. I like that the faces are all on one sheet and so a lot less fiddly. My daughter loves the sheet of animals which extends the game.

My children are now planning to make their own card to slip inside the holder featuring much loved characters from the Kick Buttowski show. A Disney princess card is sure to follow.

If the plastic had been stronger and it had required no assembly I would have given it 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and a bit nasty, 24 Nov 2009
P. Haynes "PHX" (UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
The game's still as good as it used to be but it's been built on the cheap and will frustrate most kids when the bits of card get pushed out by accident (if they accidentally lean on the board, for instance). If you can find a supermarket or "grey" alternative the chances are it will be better than the MB one.

Guess Who? Game