Format: Audio CDChange

on 14 July 2004
If you have only heard of EN before then Strategies against Architecture is a great starting point. This is a compilation of very early tracks where the band made music out of constructed instruments formed out of the rubbish left by the Americans in Berlin after the Second World War.
So the sound of metal against metal reverberates through the tracks. These are raw and unforgiving tracks but you will be mesmerised - and horrified in equal measure - by the amazing primal quality of the music.
They have made 'better' albums in the sense that there are more accessible later discs (Haus der Luege for example) but I still remember the first time I heard this album. A tingle is running down my spine as I write this.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse