Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£8.44+ £1.26 shipping

on 26 April 2001
This is an album which you can just sit down to after a long day and just lose the world. It is beautifully chilled, and I like the use of many many different instruments. My favourite two tunes are Arion, which is inspiring as well as calm, my other favourite is Diamente, which is just so good to cool out to.
The sort of thing that is needed after a long day/night. Or any other time of the day, as it is so good, it doesn't matter when it is played.
This is their first album, and I think that they have done a pretty good job of it. It hasn't left my CD player for a while, and I don't think that it will. A must have in order have a more relaxed life!
on 1 February 2004
It's only when I realised this had surreptitiously become one of my most frequently played albums that I felt compelled to write a review.
I really didn't like 'Nothing Changes Under The Sun' to start - I'm not sure whether it was the rave reviews setting my ears up for a fall , or what. But after a couple of listens it went back on the shelf with all the other big bangs, and started gathering dust...
I played it a couple of months later and thought it probably warranted a few more listens, and so began a love affair with Blue States. Firstly, it refused to leave my stereo. Then it found it's way into my car. Now it's become such an integral part of my life I had to buy their second album for more input (not half as good, although I'm retaining an open mind considering my previous folly).
Let it grow on you. It'll insinuate itself in there and before you know it, you'll be prompted to write a review too.
"I wish everybody would be quiet, and nice, and don't throw rocks, and don't shoot guns..."
on 7 February 2001
Nice, chilled, laid back music. Perfect for chilled summer evenings. There's defiantely a very strong 'air' influence on many tracks, but without copying their style too strongly. My favourite track is the outstanding Diamente, which is simply beautiful.
Unfortuantely a couple of songs get a little cheesy at times, and wouldn't sound out of place in cheap italian restaurants. Having said that, they're not bad, they just don't live up to the rest of the album in my opinion.
Considering this a first album, it's a really good effort, and It was good enough for me to buy it twice, once on CD and once on Vinyl.
on 2 March 2001
I bought this on recommendations from this site and other reviews on the internet. It really is brilliant. There are stand out tracks as with most albums. As another reviewer points out, Diamente is a fantastic piece of music - quite 'threatening' in places but with sublime chord progressions, subtle strings and just incredibly funky little hooks which just make you want to smile. It really gets those hairs on the back of your neck going! The Trainer Shuffle is fantastic. Such a soothing piece of music. One of my favourite tracks is Your Girl - so laidback, mellow and funky, with a great liitle vocal snippet. It fits perfectly into this brilliant album. I think the best track is Heroes' Elegy. I can't describe how much I love this piece of music. It is perfect music for falling asleep to in a really quiet room. So soothing and haunting, yet ultimately so simple. The sampled speech just make you want to melt. I love it. Not one bad track. As you probably gather, I really like this album! I suggest that you buy it!
on 4 September 2002
I shall keep this reveiw short and sweet so as to not bore anyone who may read this. It is hard to find music of this quality these days as the radio has been taken over by some of the worst 'pop' music ever to have hit the record shops, however, this little nugget of a CD has changed my opinion about what the world of music was coming to! Beautifully crafted, down beat to the max and just a superb album to stick on no matter what mood you are in. This will take you away and onto a different level of 'chilled'. Buy it and see how you feel, you won't be dissappointed!
on 2 November 2004
'Nothing..' is an absolutely supremly crafted debut album; which as a fellow musician: I cannot help but be jealous of...The track "Stereo 99" has all the beautiful subtle changes and hues that I find many of my regular listens demonstrating. Each and every tune on this masterpiece work is worth buying the album for in itself; I can appreciate how difficult it is to write catchy elegant music consistantly especially when trying to finish an album of works; note to the reviewer who mentioned an "Italian bistro". A recurring theme with this album seems to be the general concensus that it is a creeper, that gradually improves with age as with fine red wine, every time I listen to it something new will reveal itself from the mix, which is the true art of mastering in my opinion...I have been hooked on this guy's material ever since hearing "Trainer Shuffle" on a Hed-Kandi compilation (meant to be the first ever public airing of his work;not sure if that's true), I finally managed to track down my copy in Borders (not realising about Amazon in 2001). As with everything that has depth and longevity; it won't jump up and bite your behind, but I can promise you that it will eventually always be very close to the CD player; easily included in almost everybody's top 20 who owns a copy...that I know personally!
Do yourself a really big favour and give this man some support for his masterful work today; buy your copy here & now!
on 17 June 2003
every time this albumn starts it so reminds me of being six and running to the ice cream van, in other words pure bliss.
perfect for background music apart from the fact that you just want to keep cranking it up , one albumn that will never not be played if you buy it
on 24 April 2003
if you rate the likes of Zero 7, Royksopp and Air then you will appreciate the utter elegance of this album.
Taking you through a post night out feeling of bliss with tracks like trainer shuffle, your girl and diamente, i really think you must add this album to the bliss section of your cd shelf.
buy it and see.
on 7 April 2001
This album is wicked. Clever beats and structures with a greek influence to many of the tracks. Its good to know UK talent is still out there and cuts it with the best...
on 19 December 2000
This album has two of the best tracks that I have ever heard and they are now amongst my all-time favourites. Trainer Shuffle and the breathtakingly beautiful Hereos Elegy are the albums highlights but unfortunately the rest of the album does not meet their standard. If it did then Blue States would be used on every cosmetic ad in the universe and we would soon get sick to death of hearing him, so probably just as well for the sake of the preservation of some damn excellent music.