4.0 out of 5 stars A good bag
I was having trouble getting all of my camera kit into my existing bag so I bought this bag. I have two DSLR bodies (Sony Alpha 200 and Alpha 500) and about five lenses and a flashgun not to mention an few filters and batteries cleaning kit etc...

Published on 7 Aug. 2010 by A. Styles

2.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive
Published 16 months ago by D. Gallagher

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bag, 7 Aug. 2010
A. Styles - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)

The first thing to say about the bag is that it is good looking and quite robust, this means that you feel confident putting your precious camera kit in it. It also has loads of pockets for putting your smaller items into such as batteries, memory cards, and filters. The big front pocket can take all of this stuff no sweat. The internal dividers are able to be reconfigured to best fit your equipment. The shoulder strap and handle are well padded and easy to hold onto and the main compartment flap is held down by a zip and four plastic clip buckles.

The problem with this bag is that it is unlikely you will be able to get two bodies with lenses attached and also a host of lenses and a flashgun in the bag as I found out. The bag is too narrow to put two DSLRs with lenses attached and extra lenses into the main compartment. Try as I might I could not get all of my kit in, this is because the lenses get in the way of each other as the spaces for the detatched lenses are under the space for the attached lenses. To get your kit in as illustrated you would have to have small lenses.

I had to drop the idea of having my second body and two of the lenses in the bag and put them in my old bag. The Pro 8 does house my main body and four lenses very well, which includes a 70-300mm and a 500mm prime lens that are quite large in diameter (the 500mm would not fit in my existing bag hence I bought this one).

To sum up I would say this is a very good bag and worth the money but if you have an assortment of different lenses you may have to forget about getting a second body in there as you will have to reconfigure the space for the larger lenses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera Bag, 24 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)
The Tamrac 5608 Pro allows me to carry all my camera equipment and plenty of other bits and pieces.I used to have backpack from Lowpro and found it awkward to quickly get to my lenses for swapping over,the design of this shoulder bag makes the task a lot easier.I find the shoulder strap comfortable and the pockets are easy to get to.So far I am pretty pleased with my purchase,and would recommend it as an everyday camera bag and good for holidays abroad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamrac 5608 pro 8, 2 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)
Excellent product superior to the back pack normally used, easily fit
2 bodies, loads of lenses, flash, cards batteries, meter, chargers, ipod

2.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive, 27 Oct. 2013
D. Gallagher (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)
I bought this bag as my kit is growing, thinking I could fit 1 dslr body and 3 lens in comfortably see item photo, I was very disappointed at how I struggled to fit them in, there is no way I could fit in 2 bodies with lens attached and still have room for more lens and flash. This bag is far to small and the photo is very deceptive, it looks bigger than it actually is. If u have a big kit or you are building a kit I would not recommends this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made but too small..., 9 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)
Eagerly awaited arrival of this bag. The images of it suggest perhaps, somewhat more roomy than in reality. It is certainly very well made with a good wide shoulder strap and excellent carrying strap. Internal divisions are well padded but all compartments are small. It reminds me of a bag I had in Vietnam during the war when Nikon lenses were much, much smaller... Fitting a Nikon D3 with 24/70mm f:2.8 with lens hood attached is not really an option. Leaving as it does no room for anything else. The lower compartment is too small to accept the 70/200mm f:2.8 with the D3 above it. You have to drop the camera body support down to accept a Pro' body seriously restricting usability of the lower compartments. A great shame as it is a VERY WELL MADE bag... Just too small to be of any practical use. I have decided to keep it, remove all the innards and use it to carry my Hasselblad 503CW with CW Winder attached plus a limited number of odds and sods - there will be little if any room for anything else. But I am not knocking it, it is a quality product and for many it will do nicely. Just be very sure to check the physical sizes you require before ordering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than Expected, 29 April 2014
A. D. Clift (Bromley Kent UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)
I agree with other reviewers in that this is a well made, solid bag. I also agree that the pictures are either misleading or show very small cameras and lenses. It is also rather impractical to use the space below the camera bodies as lens storage unless you want to rip the dividers out to get to the lenses. With one camera the opposite end of the bag can be used for a couple of longish lenses stored vertically (just about takes my 300mm zoom) but fitting a second body and then putting the lenses underneath is a non-starter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)
Good size, easy to configure internally and well balanced when the strap is over your shoulder.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 5 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)
this bag when i ordered it. i was unsure if all the gear i had would fit.
but it holds both camera's with ease and other kit such as filters and momopod to boot.
great bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2014
Very pleased..good saving

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Tamrac 5608 Pro 8 Professional Camera Bag - Black (Camera)
This is the kind of bag that you can fit all of your gear in when your at home. The problems start when your out and about and want to change a lens or need an accessory, the bag suddenly changes into a chinese puzzle. It seems impossible to get everything back in the bag as you had it, and you end up with a couple of items in your pocket. I find that every time a get home I have to rearrange everything in the bag to get it all to fit again.
On the plus side it is very well made, and there are a lot of storage pockets but if you have more than 3 or 4 lenses you may want to think about a bigger bag.