5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic visual Tweenies Christmas annual!
Published on 17 Aug 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Tweenies Merry Christmas
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by CJD

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic visual Tweenies Christmas annual!, 17 Aug 2001
By A Customer
Well it's the middle of August and my daughter still insists on watching this again & again! To me, most importantly, the video tells the traditional Christmas story. The Tweenies 'play out' the story in an amusing, yet caring way, enabling toddlers to understand that Christmas means more than a sackful of presents. When the Tweenies do discuss Father Christmas, they also come to realise that although receiving presents is nice, Christmas is more about giving and that it's a time to think of others. Of course, this is all done in the usual Tweenie way and it is a real winner from start to finish! Lots of fun, songs, stories and Tweenie humour - a real must for any fan - including mum and dad!

4.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely way to explain Chirstmas to a young child!, 12 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Tweenies - Merry Tweenie Christmas [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
I brought this for my 2 year old son, who is mad on Tweenies. It lived in the DVD player over the festive period, and was excellent value for money with just short of 2 hours playing time.
Lots of stories, songs and activities as always, but the stories followed on from one another and provided a simple was of helping children understand why we do all the activities we take for granted at Christmas, such as decorating a tree and exchanging presents. Tweenies also act out their own version of the nativity, which is done very well.
If you get fed up normally of watching the same DVD/Video again and again with your children. Try this one, as it last for ages and is well presented you won't mind having it on again and again.
What are the Tweenies going to do for next Christmas??

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, it's January and we're still watching it daily!, 28 Jan 2001
My 3 year old daughter is absolutely mesmerised by this video and now knows it word for word. It combines the traditional and the modern aspects of Christmas. I would recommend this to any young family, you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids, 4 Nov 2000
donah@hotmail.com (Heerlen, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
The Tweenies are a great favourite of my kids, and myself. I've seen these episode on BBC, but to have them all on one video is great. The Story of Christmas is lovely and brought tears to my eyes. Not only fun, but educational and traditional aswell. Mums & Dads....Buy it for yourselves, I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas with the Tweenies is ideal for kids!, 28 Nov 2002
This review is from: Tweenies - Merry Tweenie Christmas [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
As an ex-pat living in Japan I was looking for something to show my daughter what Christmas is about. I bought Bear in the Big Blue house's Christmas video but was disappointed to see that it explained very little about Christmas. The BBC have done this DVD so well that even my wife and I don't get bored. The traditional carols and story of the nativity are a great introduction to Christmas. My daughter loves the songs - we sing along too! The Tweenies are just like real kids and it's lovely to hear British English.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Christmas, 27 Jun 2004
Stephen Markham "stevemarkham758" (Lincoln, UK) - See all my reviews
Well if this doesn't get you in the mood for Christmas - nothing will. No matter how old (or young) you are put on this video make a cup of tea and share a big box of chocolates with your favourite youngster (my son in my case) and watch the story of Christmas and all the excitement of its preparations unfold. It might not quite have the same appeal watching it on a hot summers evening (are you listening my boy??) but snuggle up on a cold winters afternoon and you have some genuine Christmas magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tweenies - Merry Tweenie Christmas [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
Bought for my eldest daughter leading up to Xmas - massive trip down memory lane and still fun - getting us all in the Xmas mood

3.0 out of 5 stars Tweenies Merry Christmas, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tweenies - Merry Tweenie Christmas [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
Bought this video because there was a version of the Nativity story suitable for 3-4 year olds, and we working on the story at Nursery School. The verdict from staff was it was "OK", but not wonderful. I watched one of the other stories, and it was a bit boring really; however the children seemed to quite like it so the money spent was not a waste. I feel sure that I can find a good quality Christmas Story somewhere for next year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adam's favourite Xmas DVD, 3 July 2010
S. F. Higgins "Lincs links" (NE Lincs England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tweenies - Merry Tweenie Christmas [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
The Tweenies is the favourite kids' programme of my grandson Adam, and although there are other fine Tweenie Xmas editions,this one is his favourite by far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Tweenies - Merry Tweenie Christmas [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
My young daughter loves this and will sit for hours watching it. great fun and songs.

Tweenies - Merry Tweenie Christmas [DVD] [1999]