VINE VOICEon 20 April 2004
I first came across Yoho Ahoy on satellite TV, and couldn't believe how much fun a kiddies programme could be that consisted of two spoken words "Yoho" and "Ahoy" (funnily enough). My 20 month old daughter loved it, but the big problem was that each episode only lasts 5 minutes. A big problem when the "more... more" shouts start. Thankfully we managed to get hold of this video which contains 10 episodes in total. My daughter loves it, and the lack of talking allows me to ask her what she sees the characters doing on the screen. Very highly recommended - 4 stars due to the difficulty getting hold of it!
on 24 July 2001
After seeing only one episode of Yoho Ahoy on TV both myself and my 18-month old son were completely hooked! The colourful appearance of the characters and their pirate names are fantastic, and despite the yoho's very limited vocabulary - you seem to know exactly what they are saying. Great entertainment for all the family, another brilliant programme from Children's BBC.
on 25 October 2000
The video is divided up into a number of very short, stories. The characters only ever say Yoho, ahoy.
The children love this.
The 'again, again' is well satisfied by the quick turn around of story lines.
The characters are bright and cheerful and really excite the kids.
on 25 May 2001
My 18 month old just adores Yoho Ahoy - A really good buy. An excellent original storyboard and superb animation. A credit is due to the programme makers - kids love it (and so do I!) - Yoho Ahoy!!
on 26 March 2001
I first saw the amazing "Yoho Ahoy" on CBBC2 and became addicted! So I decided to buy the video and loved it! It is good clean fun for kids of all ages - including 23 year old ones! Keep up the good work Yoho Ahoy!
on 5 July 2014