5.0 out of 5 stars Love Christmas Music? You Need This!
I love Christmas music, often pulling it out to listen to mid-year. And you'll never catch me listening to anything but Christmas music from Thanksgiving to Christmas. That's why I'm a little ashamed to admit to only just now getting this classic collection.
Published on 8 Nov 2003 by Mark Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars A Classic For Christmas
No christmas is complete without a Bing Crosby song. Went well with and complimented my yuletide collection good easy listening.
Published 17 months ago by concorde

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Christmas Music? You Need This!, 8 Nov 2003
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: White Christmas (Audio CD)
What I've been missing all these years is a truly wonderful CD. Bing has a rich, strong voice that is pleasing to listen to. The arrangements feel dated, but that's part of the charm. It feels like an old friend from the very first listen.
My only real complaint (and a minor one at that) is the pacing of the album. The first six tracks are all slower numbers. They do include a great version of "Silent Night," and Bing's classic recording of "White Christmas," so I do enjoy listening to them. Still, by "I'll be Home for Christmas," I'm ready for an upbeat track.
Fortunately, the second half doesn't disappoint in that regard. "Jingle Bells" and "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town," both sung with the Andrews Sisters, kick things up a notch or two. Both are fairly familiar arrangements with just enough newness to set them apart from the other versions you already have.
The CD ends with the songs I was unfamiliar with. "Christmas in Killarney" is a fanciful description of the holiday in Ireland, while "Mele Kalikimaka" wishes us a Merry Christmas from Hawaii. Both songs sound a little like the land they represent and are a fun way to end the CD.
The recordings here are old, as shown by the occasional scratchy background noise, especially noticeable on "Adeste Fideles." But it doesn't affect my enjoyment one bit. My only regret is not getting this great CD sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply wonderful !, 28 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: White Christmas (Audio CD)
If you are looking for a christmas cd that oozes christmas appeal then this is the one for you. Bing crosby and co sing the most wonderful festive songs that will have you humming all day long. Bing's voice calms and soothes those nerves frayed by christmas shopping and sends thoughts back to childhood times. We had this album when I was little and I sought it out once more to play to my children who now love it as much as I do.Its a must for all those you earn for an old fashioned christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate christmas album!!, 9 Dec 2009
Matthew Wood (bradford, yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Christmas (Audio CD)
My nan bought me this album on vinyl over 25 years ago. It got played everyday from the start of December until january. can`t listen to christmas music after that, doesn`t feel right. 5 years ago i bought it on cd because my record player broke. Its the perfect Christmas album but i do miss listening to it on vinyl. That crackling sound adds to it for me. i can`t recommend this album enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Christmas CD in the world, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: White Christmas (Audio CD)
Love this CD. This has been my soundtrack of Christmas since I was a child, my mother has it on vinyl. I tried may times to get it but it was never the same version. This is the exact same one I grew up listening too and I played it on Christmas morning to my children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Der Bingel, 6 May 2014
This review is from: White Xmas (Audio CD)
Love it! Another American Christmas classic. We listen to this every year, and always, always enjoy it, and love to sing along! Who doesn't like Bing?

5.0 out of 5 stars White Christmas by Bing Crosy, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: White Christmas (Audio CD)
We had this on music cassette tape from 1978 and our player had long broken so was delighted to find this on CD sound is just as good as it was on the older version!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Classic For Christmas, 2 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Bing Crosby-White Christmas, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: White Christmas (MP3 Download)
What can one say?
Oh, 16 more words are required. OK it's Bing, he was blinkin' fantastic, this is an all time classic. What more needs to be said?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value 3-track, 22 Oct 2004
T.M.G. (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Christmas (Audio CD)
This is a rather nice CD single of Bing's eternal classic "White Christmas".
The sleeve design is likeable, with a nice Christmas picture of Bing.
But let's cut to the chase. There's only so much you can write about a CD single with 3 tracks!
I bought this CD to get the two Bing Crosby chart hits contained herein. As it is a CD single this makes it a cheap option for filling in those gaps.
The tracks are: White Christmas, Auld Lang Syne and Peace on Earth - Little Drummer Boy (with David Bowie).
White Christmas is to my knowledge, the original 1942 recording. Considering its age, sound quality is excellent and better than on every other CD I have which contains the track. Auld Lang Syne is fairly short, and Bing makes it his own (although now one naturally thinks of Cliff's Millennium Prayer!). Peace on Earth - Little Drummer Boy displays the somewhat weird pairing, vocally, of Bing and David Bowie. This was a top 10 hit though.
Overall, this single is good value at its price, containing two classic tracks.

White Christmas
White Christmas by Bing Crosby (Audio CD - 1998)