Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 November 2000
If anyone reading this considers themselves to be even the slightest bit fond of folk music, any album (but especially 'Beautiful Wasteland and 'Naddura' which means 'naturally' in galic) by this talented band should be brought and listened to, again and again and again. I have seen this band twice now in concert and their singer has a wonderful voice. She uses 'mouth music', taught to her by her grandmother on one of the Scottish islands. This music, as a result, carries with it the traditional themes of folk music, but gives it a fresh edge without taming it's spirit.
on 30 April 2003
This splendid album represents a wonderful joining of the distinct trad folk style of older Capercaillie albums like Sidewaulk and Delirium and the more versatile modern style found on Beautiful Wasteland and hinted at on Get Out and To The Moon. This is the kind of accomplishment many groups try and most fail, but Capercaillie succeed gloriously. If I have a complaint, its that it feels just slightly over-polished, but in all, that's a minor concern. A very classy album indeed.
on 2 November 2003
I bought this cd about a week ago and I am completely addicted to the track " The Hollybush", it is sumptuous, thrilling, well-crafted music. I also enjoyed "Rapture" and "Truth Calling". The only track I didn't like so much was "Hope Springs Eternal" as the background rhythm got on my nerves, (I kept on thinking of Starsky and Hutch for some mad reason), but the rest of the CD is absolute class.
VINE VOICEon 20 April 2009
I really enjoy listening to this album and I think this is as good as 'Delirium' and their 1995 album 'To The Moon' taking some of the old folk traditional music from the former and with it adding the newer folk elements from the latter and fashioning one of their best albums in my mind.

The album kicks off with gentle notes of the keyboards and whistles on "Skye Waulking Song" and finishes with the gusto and feet tapping fiddle and accordion infused "The Cockerel in the Creel". The whole album is infused with elements of the old folksy sound and the newer folk sound which featured on their albums 'Secret People' and 'To The Moon'.

In my opinion, Capercaillie are quite simply one of the best folk bands playing at the moment. In the past 25 years or so they've been on the circuit, Capercaillie have asserted themselves as a major force to be reckoned with and they've still got that magic touch. In my humble opinion, Capercaillie are my favourite band and I think 'Nadurra' is a top quality album and it sits pretty high in the pecking order of folk music.
on 7 October 2000
i am a long time fan of capercaillie and when they bring out a new cd i know it is a 'must have'. this album has a good mix of traditional gaelic songs , instrumentals and english songs. all are to the usual high standard, every track is enjoyable. i feel sorry for those people who have not heard this band yet as they don't know what they are missing.
on 6 March 2014
Although one of their earlier albums, it is typically Capercaille. For anyone who loves Scottish Isles music. A brilliant album, the musical arrangement is superb and I would highly recommend to anybody, even though you may not have heard anything about them - try it, you will not be disappointed.
on 30 October 2013
Just loved this album and bought this copy to give to a friend who is a Sassenach folk fan. I hope he likes it.
on 19 September 2014
perfect condition. CD plays excellently
on 19 February 2015
Did what it said on the tin!