Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 August 2000
This album is a collaboration of smooth lyrics and slick instrumentals. It very much caters for an R'nB audience, and "Born to do it" definately has the flavours of US R'n'B, but with a lacing of UK garage sounds especially with the massive hit "Rewind", you can't help but feel proud that this boy is 'one of ours'!
on 18 December 2000
From the first time we heard Craig David and Artful dodger, we realised that not only did he have a soothing, sensual voice....but he was damn fine too. 'Born to do it'was the much awaited first album of the talented Southhampton lad, and he really produced something to be proud of. A great mix of upbeat and chillin' RnB, suitable for anyone who appreciated his first couple of singles. 12 tracks with lyrics boasting of 'Bad girls'and 'putting it down on them' may sound cheesy.....but he can do no wrong, as the bass and the tunes are all catchy and original. Craig David is brimming with talent, and this CD is a fine example of the sounds he is capable of producing. Let's just hope the standards he has set himself are not too high, and he can go on creating this high level of RnB for years to come. Jodie Clarkex
on 13 May 2001
After recently obtaining a copy of the Craig David "Born To Do It" CD, I was absolutely blown away by the unique melodies that are produced on this album. Though his style is similar to Donnell Jones, R. Kelly, and Eric Benet, Craig David I believe leads the pack by offering the same beats as his American counterparts, but he also adds flavor to his album by adding instruments that don't make it sound like the same old R&B we keep hearing. If Craig keeps making tracks as good as the ones he currently produced, I think this boy will blow up on the international scene in no time. Like many others, I am trying to get word of his album to everyone I know here in Cali and hope that his success and music will be a strong presence in America in the very near future.
on 12 May 2001
The best album of the year, who said RnB was the new pop, as Craig has proven it just well definitely is! With this sexy stylish voice, street wise flavour and 12 fantastically written songs. You just can't help but want a bit of Craig in your record collection. This album is the must have album of the year! With the garage/RnB Fill me in, the fast n sexy can't be messin'round, the slick Rondezvous, 7 days u just can't help singing along to and Walking away the song people can all relate to at some point in their lives. Plus 7 more songs which just prove the extent of CDs everlasting talent. You will most definitely will not be disapointed with this album!
on 22 August 2000
I cannot believe what this man can do. If you have not listened to this album then where have you been and you had better start saving 'cause this is one for the rack. If I had to pick a fav. song(which i might add is impossible) it would have to be "Can't be messing around" or "You know what" simply 'cause they are so well written(urmm). Is there no end to this mans talent. I always think of my girl when i hear any of his tracks 'cause his voice is so smooth(do i need say more). This is a man who will take the world the british version of R n B and Garage watch out America Sisqo and R Kelly are finished
on 15 February 2001
Born to do it? He certainly was, but the problem for me is that he just keeps on doing it throughout the CD! This album contains little variety but if you like the style it could be for you!
on 20 April 2001
I first heard the talents of Craig David when he appeared on a track entitled "No More" on Guru's Streetsoul Jazzmatazz. I recently got hold of "Born To Do It", which is not readily available in the States as of yet. Let me tell you, I am doing my best to personally promote this album. Craig David is England's version of Donnell Jones. His unique vocals and smooth style evoke a pure form of modern R&B. Coupled with rifs inspired by the likes of Lionel Richie, 112, and Mary J Blige, David has found a formula that is sweet to the ears and that will equal success in the industry.
on 15 November 2000
Well well! Didn't think this album would be nearly this good. Craig is flavour of the month right now, and deservedly so. "Fill Me In," "7 Days," "Booty Man" and "Rendevous" are truly great R&B tracks, in spite of their English author. Sick of people who consider any non-American soul artist unworthy; This guy admits he worships R Kelly, but I'd be willing to bet that Mr.Bump'N Grind himself would be pleased with some of these tracks.
At times almost ridiculously smooth and well-produced, just hope he's careful with the old over-exposure chestnut.
on 16 August 2000
I have been following Craig ever since "Re-Rewind", and I instantly admired his vocal presence and his lyrics. "Fill Me In" gave me the impression that I would like anything this guy released. Although nobody has heard of him here in the Canada, I have spread his music to absolutely everyone I know, and have not found one person who disagrees when I say that this guy is going to blow up around the world and set a new standard for R&B music. But until it happens, I'm gonna buy hundreds of these cd's and just hand 'em out to people here, until they get the message!
on 15 August 2000
I have looked forward to this release and I am not disappointed. The whole album is just incredible! The songs all have the same kind of feel but this adds to the enjoyment. From the sad but catchy "Walking Away" to the well known "Seven Days" this is the album to buy. Great for relaxing to and maybe even romancing to...? I do have to say, however, I never liked "Rewind" and the version here only goes to cement that opinion! All in all though, Craig David has an amazing voice and I will certainly have this CD playing in my stereo for a LONG time.