5.0 out of 5 stars Gonzalez Perfection, 10 May 2005
This review is from: CHANCHULLO (Audio CD)
In Chanchullo we see the return of Ruben Gonzalez back to Buena Vista form. With his fantastically articulate and innovative piano improvisation, Ruben is at his very best! This album has definite appeal to Buena Vista Social club aficionados, tracks such as Choco's Guajira reminiscent of Candela and Chan Chan. The immersive Latin rhythm section brings out the magic of Gonzalez and I guarantee it will make you move! It is also impossible to find a better example of sheer brilliance, when it comes to Latin/jazz piano. I would recommend this CD to absolutely everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Good, 19 July 2002
David Benson "david@thinknoevil.com" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CHANCHULLO (Audio CD)
I'm totally swept away by Ruben G. and indeed the whole Buena Vista thing, which I missed when I might have had a chance to see them tour. Gonzalez is the one who touched me the most and this album is even meatier than Introducing... if possible. Terrible to hear about his arthritis - but also incredible because his playing is so forceful, full of delicacy, wit, and pure improvisatory genuis. He is up there with the great jazz pianists. Can't stop listening to him...

5.0 out of 5 stars Even when you feel down and out..., 29 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: CHANCHULLO (Audio CD)
I knew beforehand that this is a very good recording. Nevertheless, I was surprised by the superb quality of both the recording, the mixing and the performance itself. This music really brightens up your day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Dec 2009
This review is from: CHANCHULLO (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic cd, my two daughters (8 & 5) and I have been dancing around the house to it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Oct 2009
N. Perez - See all my reviews
This review is from: CHANCHULLO (Audio CD)
This is a must have for all music lovers. I could listen to it all day long! Viva Ruben Gonzalez!

CHANCHULLO
CHANCHULLO by Ruben Gonzalez (Audio CD - 2010)