4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, very nostalgic
The Lady Penelope episode was a bit involved for my 4-year-old, too much talking and not enough action. The Pit of Peril was pure action and tension but a bit gruesome in parts, "actors" getting burned, again a bit much for a 4-year-old. Over all a great couple of episodes but more suited to slightly older kids.
Published on 26 Sep 2000 by martin.moorehead@level3.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as description
Bought for my five year old grandson . We were expecting the 'Attack of the Alligators' as seen on tv years ago This was shown on the cover. When we started to play the video it turned out to be a much more recent film which was not suitable for our grandson and very disappointing for us as it was always our favourite episode. We returned it.
Published 16 months ago by angela

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, very nostalgic, 26 Sep 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars The further adventures of International Rescue!, 11 Dec 2000
Thunderbirds Box Set - Pod 2 is the continuing saga of the cute (if slightly wooden) Tracy brothers in their quest to save trapped civilians from almost certain death. The box set not only features the now infamous Thunderbird machines as well as the always highly entertaining characters like Parker, Brains and Lady Penelope, but also has intriguing little sub plots that continue through all the episodes, like the 'will they, won't they' romance between Alan Tracy and Tin Tin. This box set continues the high standard of visual animated effects, almost cringingly funny scripts, dramatic music and great acting(!!!) that made the first set so widely appealing to all ages, and is a definite must for all good video collections.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cross-generation extravaganza !, 7 Nov 2005
By A Customer
I used to watch these on TV when I was small and now I watch them on DVD with my own 3 year old son - OK, he's probably a bit young but he absolutly loves the Thunderbirds and the new Movie is no comparison to the original puppets. We watch these episodes together most evenings and it's a real treat for both of us !

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 8 Oct 2000
By A Customer
the first episode is 'trapped in the sky' and features the new atomic powered aircraft 'fireflash'. the hood has placed a bomb in the landing gear of the aircraft preventing it from landing. only the tracy brothers can save the day! my favourite scenes are when jeff says @the fireflash, gee thats a great aircraft' and the next scene shows the fireflash skimming across the trees over the runway threshhold. the sound is fantastic and the digital remastering makes it all look so real! 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia for Dad, delight for kids, 29 Dec 2000
...Stars of these episodes are Lady P and Parker ("So 'e's one of hus, then Milady?" "Yes, Parker, he's one of us"). The Anderbad Express is Edmund's favourite piece of hardware, despite its shaky progress along the monorail track (and the fact it takes a day and a night to get from Paris to the Alps). "Terror in New York City" is rather less good (did no one think to check for underground rivers *before* moving the Empire State Building? The underwater swimming sequences are less than convincing. 3 stars for this epi, 5 for "Perils".

5.0 out of 5 stars they're back, 25 Sep 2000
By A Customer
I am so glad that Thunderbirds has been released on video. The way the sound has been digtally remastered is brillant. The scene i like is when the control tower has to take a shot of fireflash's landing gear and it comes past the control tower. The sound when that scene came on was briliant but my favourie scene in 'Trapped in the sky' is when they use the three elevator cars help to land Fireflash. That is such a nailbiter of a scene and the music fits the scene. Pit of Peril was a good episode but Trapped in the sky is better. Welcome back guys! I'm glad you're back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as description, 7 Mar 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Thunderbirds are GO, 24 May 2012
My four-year-old son loves Thunderbirds... he adores the technical detail and the complex plots, and these stories really appeal to him. Conversely, I find them really funny! My son did ask, "Why has everyone got the same colour skin?" - good question.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic series for a new generation, 21 May 2009
C. P. Ryan (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thunderbirds: Volume 3 [DVD] [1965] (DVD)
my 4 year old loves thunderbirds and he has enjoyed this DVD.He likes thunderbird 3 so espeially enjoyed the sun probe story. He also enjoyed the fireflash story bringing back a machine from 1st episode. Great family entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a general reveiw about 2nd hand Thunderbird VHS's, 16 Jun 2007
T. Leeming - See all my reviews
I have orderd 3 videos of three different volumes.

However Instead of getting 3 volumes of PolyGram videos I got:

1 Channel 5 Production

1 PolyGram production

1 Carlton production

Could sellers PLEASE state what video they are selling.

I am buying All Volumes of PolyGram videos.

I dont want Channel5 or Carlton.

As for this volume I canot review because When I orderd this a Carlton I got. Therfore the episodes are different!

Trev

Thunderbirds: Volume 3 [DVD] [1965]
Thunderbirds: Volume 3 [DVD] [1965] by Peter Dyneley (DVD - 2004)
9.99