Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 August 2007
Thunderbirds is simply one of the best childrens TV (although my Dad loved it) programs ever made. To be honest I'm not sure now whether it was made with children specifically in mind or not.

Watching it now on DVD it remains fantastic even to my 40something eyes. The picture quality is great, it has dolby 5.1 surround sound and fortunately as it is set in 2065 you can't say well that never happened (like Space 1999 for example). All the best things about Thunderbirds still remain the best. The superb opening credits sequence with the preview of the forthcoming episode. Barry Grays marvellous music and the superb puppets and models that became a trademark for Gerry Andersons productions.

The episodes on this disc are a fair representation of the whole series, with perhaps the Pit of Peril being my favourite - remember the 'Sidewinder'? The DVD has a few interesting extras including a printable CD-Rom Thunderbird 1 cross-section. Shame that there isn't a commentary (which there is on some of the Captain Scarlet DVD's) but the episodes alone make this worth getting. FAB.
on 2 August 2009
A great collection of Thunderbirds Episodes , including the first one 'Trapped in The Sky ' and a few interesting bio bits.
on 23 November 2010
Got this and vol 2 for my 5 year old great trip down memory lane but also entertaining for my five year old. Worth noting that there is smoking in the series my boy did not seem to notice (much more interested in rocket ships and explosions) but if you have issues with this then watch it first.
on 17 December 2012
I remember watching this series as a boy back in the early 70s.

I have to say that rewatching the episodes on this great-value disc I was amazed at how, despite the obviously creaky technology available to the Andersons at the time, and the improability of some of the plots and the machines, Thunderbirds hasn't dated at all. But then again good storytelling never does.

It certainly kept two CGI and games console-obssesed six-year-old boys quiet for hours - they were enraptured. In fact, we had to watch the whole thing again as soon as it finished, with the "Sidewinder" episode particularly popular.
on 24 January 2013
Got this for my grandson, as used to watch it in the seventies with his dad, Know learnt that he enjoyed it immensely, and his dad watched again with him. Enough said
on 13 May 2014
You simply cannot beat this incredible tv creation. Even as an adult Thunderbirds holds you like nothing else.
Today what do children have that compares?
on 26 August 2013
You can't beat the old ones! If you want a good evenings entertainment with a bottle and cosy night in this is for you!
on 6 June 2014
As a child I loved these films and I still do- I have the proper DVD set at 4:3 rendering now. Great fun still.
on 2 May 2015
I had to return this as the zone was wrong for USA
Always check the zone when ordering DVDs for abroad.
on 26 September 2013
I bought this for a 6 year old boy and watched it with him. We both enjoyed it. Excellent fun.