5.0 out of 5 stars 'Now, I don't even look at my customers, and I pushed them something they never even asked for'.
Boiler Room follows in the tradition of Wall Street and Glengarry Glenross (both mentioned in the film). It tells of the pitfalls and perils of the cruel, cold world of hard sales. Having worked in that industry, I can relate to so much of it.

I first watched it while working in one of those sales jobs with my work mates and we laughed at the similiarities...
Published on 2 Oct 2006 by Mr. A. E. Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay film.... a bit mixed up
Based on the historic madness of those times. I used to get monthly calls from these so called brokers.
A much better film in this genre is Margin Call...! Watch that one..
Published 15 months ago by Frosty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Boiler room can get really very hot, 21 Nov 2005
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Hi everybody, I very familiar with one of such company in Europe and I can tell you, this is not nonsense and not a joke, there are lots similarities between this move and what happens in the reality (I mean the way those companies “earning” their money). This movie is not for everybody and I can believe that some people will find it boring. It can be easily a true story so I’ve enjoyed seeing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 July 2004
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
a brilliant story line, with fantastic acting, it is a brilliant fast moving film with promising bulid ups.
the film is very good and anybody will really love it.
it is a really great film and has lot of action and there are some very fimilour faces.
the film is fantastic and i really recomend it to anyone, it is a great action packed film, very enjoyable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Don't believe the hype. I can't understand all the great reviews about this film, in my opinion it's utter rubbish and a wasted opportunity. Just as you think, ah now it's going to get going, now it's going to get good, it ends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Boiler Room DVD, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Not sure about this DVD as I bought it for a friend of a friend who is into stock market etc. not seen it myself!!

1.0 out of 5 stars If you value your time at all then do not watch this film, 21 May 2005
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I would compare this film to trying really hard to take a dump and only managing a fart - and a quiet fart at that. The film is really not worth the time or effort expended watching it. It did not excite me, make me think, make me happy, make me sad or have any effect on me whatsoever.
The only things that I might remember from this film are:
1. The lead role was played reasonably well, despite the overall worthlessness of the film itself
2. Ben Affleck contributed a self-important, know-it-all, been-there-and-done-that, monologue to yet another film which yet again made me feel that he is a massive loser
3. Vin Diesel managed not to kill anyone. Even though he only had a small role, this is quite commendable on Vin's part, but was not necessarily advantageous to the film overall. By the end of it I not so much wanted as needed him to bust some skulls so that the wash of bland seriousness that was the duration of Boiler Room would be contrasted with some laughable fighting nonsense and thus revealing that the whole film was, in fact, a joke (and it would have been a pretty funny one at that)
4. This last point is probably self evident from the comments above, but the most remarkable thing about this film was that it began, continued and ended without saying anything and without anything significant happening
I may have just completely missed what the point of this film was but all the people I watched it with were also sceptical of whether it had a point. Overall, I think that Boiler Room was not very good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Boiler Room [DVD] [2000]
Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] by Ben Younger (DVD - 2000)