5.0 out of 5 stars 'Now, I don't even look at my customers, and I pushed them something they never even asked for'.
Boiler Room follows in the tradition of Wall Street and Glengarry Glenross (both mentioned in the film). It tells of the pitfalls and perils of the cruel, cold world of hard sales. Having worked in that industry, I can relate to so much of it.

I first watched it while working in one of those sales jobs with my work mates and we laughed at the similiarities...
Published on 2 Oct 2006 by Mr. A. E. Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars tasty enough
Although the film mentions both wall street and glengarry glen ross it isnt as good as either of them but is still great. Many moons ago when i lived in england i worked in a cold calling place that reminded me of this. We were selling stuff that wasnt real. i was awful at it and got turfed after 4 weeks, it was certainly seedy and i knew i wasnt good enough because i...
Published 19 days ago by sean paul mccann

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FILM FOR UPCOMMING TELESALES PEOPLE, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
This is a must for wanabee up and comming Tele sales people ,and what can happen if you join an unregulated company

5.0 out of 5 stars Will use again, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Quick delivery and product of good quality and as described . Good all round service and a good film. Will use again

5.0 out of 5 stars easy come and easier go, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I wanted to see this movie way back when, at a time we were much involved in the market. While never involved with this sort of thing, it was very interesting to watch this. I suppose there were such things just like it or else there would not be a movie on the subject. I found it gripping and have saved it rather than donate as we normally do with DVDs. Plan on watching it one more time. We used to play the tech stocks almost exclusively and the excitement was something I haven't the vocabulary to describe. Our moto tho was, All Tech All The Time. Maybe not original (?) almost nothing beats watching a volatile stock on NASDAQ back in the day, move like a roller coaster and when you're watching three or four at the same time and playing with your own money, well. Quite a high. I could relate a bit with this in the go-go quick-quick environment. And our love of Amazon (AMZN) dates from the beginning when the "experts" said Amazon would never make it and started referring to it as, Amazon dot bomb. HA! Some bomb huh Mr. Bezos. We loved seeing it hit something like $400 a share for a brief time too.

5.0 out of 5 stars tks, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
tk u, arrived promptly and its fine, tk u very much, i will order again from u, tks v m

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay film.... a bit mixed up, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Based on the historic madness of those times. I used to get monthly calls from these so called brokers.
A much better film in this genre is Margin Call...! Watch that one..

4.0 out of 5 stars J.T. Marlin., 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Its quite amusing. - You can tell the film is from the early 2000s by some of the rap music that is played throughout!
In a lot of ways this film seems dated because it came out at time when the finance industry was flying high, (and the general public had no beef with it!)
Affleck's speeches to the new rookies are good and Vin Diesel is great in his role as a senior broker. The protagonist Ribisi is initially running a back street illegal Casino where he makes a good living and its only by chance that he gets into the broking game.
The thing is J.T. Malin sell stocks in companies that don't exist, (they're a Boiler Room), and do a, "Pump And Dump."
Interestingly Ribisi says that he used to sell to people in the flesh what they wanted, but now he doesn't even see who he sells to and sells them stuff they don't want.
A dated film, but still enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite out of all the investmnt type of films, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
This is a younger film for those interested in wall street films. Great actors, good twists and great plot! A must watch for those interested in these types of films.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
An excellent product, which arrived within 24 hours - very pleased with the purchase and service. The film itself is very entertaining and I would very much recommended it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 28 Aug 2011
Ry-Man (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
If you work in sales then you will appreciate this movie more than most. By far Ben Affleck's best ever performance; worth buying just for his boardroom training scenes. Has a good sound track too!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Underrated Movie, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
The movie 'Boiler Room' is one of the underrated movies. What I love most about it is the enthusiasm of the young cast. In particular, Giovanni Ribisi is at his very best; his narration carries through the whole movie and he is a very believable stockbroker-to-be. I'm yet to see a movie where Ribisi manages to do a better job. He is a great actor.

I have no clue why this movie never made it big. If you can look past the constant cursing, 'Boiler Room' draws a picture of a boy-father relationship that many young men can identify with. For some reason I can see myself in 'Seth'. Maybe that's why this flick remains one of my favourites. However, this is definately a guy movie. I bet not many women will enjoy watching this one.

Boiler Room [DVD] [2000]
Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] by Ben Younger (DVD - 2000)
Used & New from: £3.73