5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think book to film,just watch it as a film..it is good
This is without doubt a great film and one of leonardo di caprio's best performances.
I really do like this film and i don't think it got the acknowledgement it deserved.The acting is great
and the scenery is both spectacular and beautiful.I put myself into the position of Richard when i watch this,thinking you
know if i went travelling and went...
Published on 6 Feb 2006 by Blue hunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the book, OR watch the film....
... just don't do both, or you may find yourself very dissapointed, as myself and many other reviewers have found. The Beach is a hard film to review. Afterall, do you realate it to the best-selling novel? Or do you talk about it in Hollywood terms? I tried to look at it from both angles...

Thankfully, I read the reviews here on Amazon, so I already had the...
Published on 18 Nov 2006 by Picard

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be called "How Americans Destroy Utopia"., 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
This film has a very promising start, but it gradually turns into a complete farce. It can probably best be described as a typical interaction Americans and Europeans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 13 April 2014
Ms. A. Scott - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyed this film, some of the other reviews think it went a bit awol in the middle, I didn't, I liked all of the film and think it made sense. A very enjoyable and at times thought-provoking watch, definitely worth seeing.

5.0 out of 5 stars wish I was there, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
Great film - danny boyle at his best as usual. Di Caprio was great yet again - can't believe he does not have an Oscar yet! If you have not seen this film then when you see the Island you will want to go there - its paradise

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 12 Feb 2014
Emma Benson (Westmeath, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
Im a massive leo fan, have all his movies, and this one 'The Beach' is one of my fav's, a really great movie.... good price

5.0 out of 5 stars Good film at a good price., 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
Good film at a good price. I have been looking for this for a while, but found it on amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
This is the sort of film that when you first watch it, it blows your mind. And every time after it continues to be wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty thrilling!, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
Now, I did watch the movie before reading the book, however I had known it was a book way before the movie came out, but too young to read it at the time. The book is very different from the movie, especially the ending, however it doesn't stop this movie from being bad, because it isn't, it's very well made, with good actors and gorgeous scenery. I've probably lost count of the amount of times, I've seen this movie, it just seems to get better and better every time I watch it, that and I officially want to visit Thailand now. If you've read the book, but not seen the movie, I seriously recommend it, it really is great and in some places really very thrilling! If they'd kept the ending scene from the book in the movie, or put it in the movie, this film, would have been very different.

There's a fantastic soundtrack to this film too, it works perfectly! Give it a go!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this DVD as research for a topic that I was studying at university and I'm so glad that I found it. Received great service and a fast delivery too!

4.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
Delivered on time. The film stalled once near the end of the film, otherwise I'm completely satisfied. Will be recommending to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent film, 28 April 2013
This review is from: The Beach [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
brill film, loved by all the family. especially my 15 year old son. ho raves on about it being the best film ever

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

The Beach [2000] [DVD]
The Beach [2000] [DVD] by Danny Boyle (DVD - 2000)