5.0 out of 5 stars Like 1961
Published on 8 Dec 2005 by STEVE DALEY

2.0 out of 5 stars New Disasters?
Published on 17 Jan 2008 by Vinyl Junkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Like 1961, 8 Dec 2005
STEVE DALEY (Preston, Lancs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deja Nu (Audio CD)
What a voice and what an album. If you like your Dion from 1958 to 1962 and breezy summer rock'n'roll then you'll love this. Using the feel and the recording techniques of that period but on new material these really do sound like Lost Tracks. Tracks make good use of piano and sax and there's a slight jazz feel to some guitar and sax breaks - and oh those Belmonts-style harmonies! Stand out tracks for me?: Shu Bop, In New York City, Book of Dreams (yeah the Springsteen one!) but they're all good. If you dont like this then (as Louis said) "Jack you dead".

5.0 out of 5 stars The man still has it!, 29 Oct 2000
This review is from: Deja Nu (Audio CD)
Deja nu brings the Bebop back home. Dion's voice is projected without make over on a alblum which is recorded without big band back up. It's 60's rock with a conteporary sound. A great alblum! Buy the import for the additional track.For Dion fans Deja nu has been worth waiting for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coming across a classic by accident, 3 May 2009
This review is from: Deja Nu (Audio CD)
I heard this album during the interval of a gig in Kentish Town. I thought it sounded marvellous, capturing all of the classic sound of the late 50's early sixties, but new songs.

Someone had copied it onto a CDR and had no idea who it was just the idea that it was called somethong like Deja Nu. I wrote that on a scrap of paper and forgot about it. Around two years later I was casually searching Amazon and I thought "I'll look up Dion see what's new", and it
all fell into place. The man who made my all time favourite rock 'n roll record - Runaround Sue had done it again. I ordered the album, and its been played and played since, it's a real joy, full of verve and life, and so obviously recorded live. The musicians obviously had a great time and it really shows.

A wonderful record, and I've played it during intervals at my band (Elephant Shelf) gigs and had loads of enquiries about who it is. So there you go, a real gem and five stars? Definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound of later Dion, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Deja Nu (Audio CD)
Listened to this cd so many times. Not all the tracks, but 60% of them at least I never get tired of listening to. From uptempo tracks to ballads in the old DIon style makes this one play again and again cd, luv it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the real thing, 20 Feb 2014
W. C. Chelton (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deja Nu (Audio CD)
this cd is a welcome surprise dion mixing styles of music on a different type of music but still first rate a great singer can sing anything and this is the proof

2.0 out of 5 stars New Disasters?, 17 Jan 2008
This review is from: Deja Nu (Audio CD)
I grew up listening to Dion's hits but in my opinion there isn't a hit on this album, it's o.k. but not outstanding. You have to really still be into that Fifties Sound to enjoy it, if you are then great buy it. I still like a lot of Fifties music and I bought the album on the strength of the other two reviews and I can only conclude that these must be real dedicated fan's. So yeah 'Jack I must be Dead' it just doesn't come near any of the hit's he's known for, leave it alone Dion move on.

Deja Nu
Deja Nu by DION (Audio CD - 2000)