Format: Audio CDChange

on 1 February 2015
Now don't get me wrong, I love Talk Talk but there a few reasons I mark this compilation down. The music is all selected from the first 3 albums apart from 2 or 3 extra tracks (b-sides). So unlike most compilations it ignores the Spirit of Eden. This is particularly odd given that in it's sleeve notes it has a photo for the single "I Belive in You", this is just pointless since it is not on the album! Another good reason not to buy this one which is currently around a tenner is that there is a previous version with different artwork for £4, see photo. So buy the previous version, I don't think the recordings are different in any way, it's just repackaged.
on 25 January 2002
An excelent piece of listening, as ever.This really is a collection of the best. A very emotional selection of their work. Reminds me of my former years when I had The Natural History cassette and video!! I am not sure it is quite as good a collection as Natural History, but still of the same exceptional quality. A piece of work that for me, enhances any mood. If you are feeling sorry for yourself, it mopes with you. If you are excited, it giggles with you (Happiness is Easy). If you are feeling assertive, it sticks up for you (Talk Talk) and if you are feeling optimistic, it is positive with you (Life's what you make it).
on 21 October 2008
Stop the flogging already, EMI. How many Talk Talk compilations are out there now?

All you need, is the five studio albums they released, Asides Besides for the B-sides and London 1986 and that other live album for the four extra songs. That's all there is. That's all you need to pay for. Everything is in those seven releases.
on 7 October 2011
bought this based on 3 songs and a great price, hated it aside from the superb singles, too much annoying keyboards competing with crooning vocals; after the glowing reviews of some of their other work perhaps this merits another listen, off the headphones!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse