5.0 out of 5 stars A must for children and adults
Published on 23 Oct 2000 by Jaycee

3.0 out of 5 stars What the skidoo was that all about?
Published on 11 Aug 2001 by d_a_baker@lineone.net

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for children and adults, 23 Oct 2000
This review is from: Skidoo/the Point: Original Soundtracks (Audio CD)
My brother, sister and I first heard the point in the 70's. We are now all in our 40's and still love the story and songs. It is an absolute must for all families. It is the lines like "hey what happened to you guys - look like your really shook up, been goofing with the bees". and "you see what you want to see and you hear what you wanto hear dig dig"
It is a cracking story beautifuly told and the songs you will be singing till you to the end of your days. Every generation in our family, love it and know all the words to the story and all the songs.
I have just re-ordered in CD format as our LP's are scratched and the taps are stretched, and have a new member of the family to introduce it to.
I have not heard Skidoo but it it is anything like the Point I am sure we will enjoy it.
If the star grading were highter I would give the Point 100%

3.0 out of 5 stars What the skidoo was that all about?, 11 Aug 2001
This review is from: Skidoo/the Point: Original Soundtracks (Audio CD)
Of course the point needs no review from me it is a timeless classic, an anti racism, anti disability, tollerance to all message wraped up in a clever mixture of catchy music and listenable narrative. On its own The Point would be worth five stars. Which beggars the point "what is this Skidoo thing". How to ruin a good album in one fell swoop. Never has the adage less is more been truer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some issues to be aware of. Also, The Point sounds much better elsewhere., 1 Dec 2007
Hmmm.

I was disappointed with this. Two albums on one disc and bonus tracks.

1) Skidoo. This album is a soundtrack of an arguably blasphamous film - beware if this offends you. The album is also not very interesting musically.

2) The Point. Fun album (according to recent sleevenotes the concept was inspired by an LSD trip, so again if this bothers you - beware!) The sound quality on this one is like the vinyl: a good thing you may say. I'm afraid not, there was some serious compression/limiting going on there and I found it hard to listen to for long lengths without getting tired or some kind of headache on the prowl.

There is a more recent remaster with just this album and some bonus tracks (2002 remaster, bar code: 0 7863651282 2.) It sounds much MUCH better: a very clear difference. Not sure about the theology of Down to the Valley though.

Skidoo/the Point: Original Soundtracks
Skidoo/the Point: Original Soundtracks by Harry Nilsson (Audio CD - 2000)