on 16 July 2008
This Garmin-branded holder fits all the eTrex range and has stood up well to more than 12 months use now. There's a hole at the bottom for the lanyard and you can use all the buttons without taking the unit out of the holder. In the wet it can be a bit difficult to see the screen if you get rain behind the plastic window in the case.

My only real gripe is that the clip on the back is mounted vertically, and so it's awkward to clip it to the gear loops on the shoulder straps of my rucsac.
on 1 August 2008
No doubt this is worth getting, it fits perfectly around the unit, and as stated in the above comment, it gives the unit that added line of defence in case of a fall. I also agree with other comments that the clip and the extra D ring on the back are a little redundant, with the lanyard fitted and threaded through its all you need and would make the whole thing look less bulky.

My word of warning... I bought mine from 'photoland_uk' and it is clearly NOT authentic. The 'Garmin' is written in completely the wrong typeface and the embossed globe logo is missing altogether. I'm not saying its of inferior quality... its just not the genuine article.
on 10 November 2009
A good tight fit leaving the screen visible and the buttons free. Easy to remove in spite of the fit. The clip fits well over the breast strap of my rucksack which I found to be a good place to carry it. A small hook above the clip is handy for a small Karabiner tytpe fastener. All in all very fit for purpose.Garmin eTrex Vista HCx Handheld GPS
on 25 February 2013
I considered this case for my new etrex 20. On viewing pictures it appears that the case rubs against the toggle switch on the front of the device. I therefore looked at the Garmin site and the case for the new model is different, in that the case has a hole that fits around the toggle switch. I managed to purchase the correct case for the latest model elsewhere for £11. The case advertised here will protect your device, but if you have the device switched on it may foul the toggle switch and alter your settings. With the new genuine Garmin case I would be happy that the settings will not be disturbed whilst the unit is carried in my pocket. Before you purchase just spend a minute or so to check out the Garmin site.
on 28 July 2009
I bought this to put my Garmin GPS in. It is well made if a little on the tight fit side, but it does it's job. The biggest gripe about it? The clip doesn't rotate so instead i have to use a velcro loop on my ruckstrap shoulder straps.

Good value for it's cost
on 8 March 2009
Does the job, obvioulsy designed for the whole range, could be better suited to individual models, with better attachment points and protection that said, it works and is worth the expense to protect your gps from bumps and drops etc. Spent ages looking for something better all to no avail.
on 8 October 2010
Customer service from this store was econd to none, would definitely buy again from here. Such a refreshing change to have a decent internet supplier. However, product itself was someahat lacking as the velcro is strectched so tight that it wont last long before its grip loosens, plus the clip that is meant to clip a caranina or similar too will snap if any usual weight is put on it, I was so petrified of loosing it that I had to put in my povket, which defetaed the object
on 16 June 2011
No question about it, this would be a good item IF it fitted my Garmin eTrex Vista.

Although there is a notch for the wee eTrex joystick on the left just above the screen, there's not nearly enough room. So you can't happily use the joystick without it touching the side of the case, making my eTrex difficult to use. In fact I'm worried this case is permanently leaning against the joystick, pushing it north permanently and doing it long-term damage. So I've decided not to use it.

It's well made and would protect your unit otherwise. Good quality item if your eTrex does NOT have a joystick just above the screen on the left. If yours does (as my Garmin eTrex Vista does), then I'd advise you NOT to buy this item.
on 26 July 2009
I didn't want to damage the screen on my new Garmin eTrex Legend HCx Handheld GPS System when I got it, particularly since at some point, especially being used outdoors a lot, it was going to get dropped. This seems to do a good job. It includes a strong belt clip and you still use the standard lanyard on the Garmin through a hole at the bottom. It does make the screen a little more difficult to read if it gets a little damp, but if you want to protect the screen, you haven't got a lot of choice in the matter. This is a genuine Garmin accessory.
on 11 May 2010
The Garmin Case for Etrex Series GPS is a very useful and in my view necessary protection for my GPS. All the function buttons are easily available, but inadvertant pressing any of the buttons, which can occur without a case, is virtually eliminated. The screen is visible through the panel, but in some lights the panel makes reading the screen more difficult.