5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic fun - not just a triangle on legs
I used to watch Bod in bewildered awe as a small child (the bizarre leg movements intrigued me) but I'd forgotten all about Alberto the Frog, which is very funny and frightfully English. It certainly brought the memories flooding back.
Published on 17 Feb 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Frank the Postman and Frank the Postman... SNAP!
Published on 28 Feb 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic fun - not just a triangle on legs, 17 Feb 2001
By A Customer
One of the best things about Bod is the truly strange plots (woman saved from drowning by police helmet, a prophecy about strawberries that comes true when most of the cast falls down a manhole, etc.). The animation is unashamedly poor, but it adds a magic to the show that is entirely unique. You simply could not make a programme like that in this day and age.

5.0 out of 5 stars bod rules!, 16 Dec 2003
oh my god... "here comes bod!!" i totally loved bod as a kid although i could never really make out if it was male or female.. (erm... does anybody actually know??) actually none of it made sense but i still loved it all the same.. in fact i still do! the guessing of albertos milkshake always made my day.. i always seemed to get it right!! and i used to copy the noises he made drinking it (in public) much to the annoyance of my dad! and u really cant beat bod snap.. what excitement!! it may be boring and even weird to some of u but bod certainly used to make me happy as a kid!! hehe *smiles*

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic kids nostalgia, 4 Mar 2001
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
For all those of you who affectionately remember Bagpuss, The Clangers & Mary, Mungo and Midge, Bod must also be a firm favourite.
This new edition not only has all 13 episodes of Bod that were made on it, but also 5 episodes of the lunchtime special they were shown on.
Help Alberto the frog decide what flavour milkshake to choose...strawberry, I think!! And don't forget to play Bod snap at the end!!
A must for all true cult kids classics fans!

3.0 out of 5 stars Frank the Postman and Frank the Postman... SNAP!, 28 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Bod [VHS] (VHS Tape)
So, was Bod a boy, or was Bod a girl? I'm still not sure. But, problematic gender-divination aside, this series was a classic of low-tech 70's children's TV. Cheeky androgynous Bod, flirty French Aunt Flo, Farmer Barleymow, Frank the Postman... all of them are amusing in their own special ways. The only thing wrong with this video is the absence of Alberto the frog and his animal band, and their games of guess-the-milkshake-flavour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bod, 21 May 2009
Mr. S. P. Gibbons "The Ginger Prince" (Folkestone, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
This is just great. Sometimes you can revisit your youth and find a pleasant surprise in store.
The music, the surreal stories, the enjoyable way in which the characters co-operate, and the songs for each character.....it's just what we need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to my childhood, 1 Feb 2009
R. Rymer (Hull,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
When I saw this at amazon I had to purchase it. It reminded me of my childhood. It was great to watch it again & the picture is very clear. I sat & watched it with my kids & they loved it. A must for a 70's child

4.0 out of 5 stars Here comes Bod, 14 Jun 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Bod [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I remember watching Bod at primary school. Zero plot? Who cares! It was brilliant fun to sit back and be soothed into relaxtion by John Le Mesuriers silky smooth narration. Shame about Alberto Frog not being there though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm. Chocolate!, 13 May 2014
D. M. Short - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this series as a child and now my kids are enjoying them all over again. You gotta add it to your collection. Much better than modern cartoons with their slick CGI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here comes Bod!, 3 April 2014
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
Ah, the memories come flooding back of this little Buddhist monk looking character coming from a dot in the centre of the screen.

Sadly, nothing has been done to clean up the film, there are numerous hairs, scrapes, cuts, dust and just general old film flutter. On the other hand, the audio is very crisp and bright.

Only after living with a Buddhist monk did I reminisce about this series, I thought, perhaps, Bod = Bodhisattva (someone motivated by great compassion, has a spontaneous wish to attain Buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient beings)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my baby daughter, because I cant stand Teletubbies and similar idiotic rubbish. She loves it, even if the woman narrator does sound like shes been taking amphetamines.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Complete Bod [DVD]
The Complete Bod [DVD] by John Le Mesurier (DVD - 2004)
21.97