Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 December 2013
In many years of following the Chieftains on vinyl and cd, this ranks as my favourite selection. As usual the musicianship is impressive and delivered impeccably, and the choice of music is sharp.
But here, for me, there's a freshness that isn't on all their recordings. There's an inventiveness which is a pure delight.
Where the Chieftains are always worth a listen, always worth spending time with, this is a collection in which to revel, a collection of the sublime.
on 22 April 2014
This is a wonderful, wonderful selection of music. I find it very very difficult to keep still when this is on. In my view this album shows the Chieftains at their best. The albums they recorded with "celebrity input" are not to my taste. If you haven't sampled the superb musicianship of this band, this CD would be a great place to start.
on 23 May 2010
.??? ............. I heard the music from "Boneparte" on the " In Concert " radio one prog., it took me twenty years to get the album and I play it lots, on vinyl, and eventually on CD from Amazon, and then worked back thru their discography ..... vol 1 to 7 the best ones for me............Lorenzo won !
on 21 December 2013
I first heard Bonaparte's Retreat on a LP record and completely wore it out over the years. No similar now that I have it on CD. I still enjoy listening to the track.
on 2 July 2014