5.0 out of 5 stars quality stuff
Published on 10 April 2002 by natbrown85@hotmail.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Pop Strike
I was a big SFA fan when Guerilla came out, & have to admit that I found it a MASSIVE let-down after the brilliant Radiator. It seemed - still seems, in fact - very rushed to me, like an album of (good) b-sides.. Do songs as half baked as "Chewing Chewing Gum", "Fire In My Heart", or "The Door To This House Remains Open" really belong on a fully fledged album by an band...
Published on 5 Feb 2012 by Rooksby

5.0 out of 5 stars quality stuff, 10 April 2002
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
this is my latest SFA album and although a little different from thier other stuff its still a peach of an album. some tracks are 'growers' but the hidden track and 'northern lights' in particular just hit u with an amazing and incomparible wall of sound. this albums got a more electronic sound that only usually creeps out in SFA tracks like 'no sympathy' and 'mountain people'. if you liked those breakdowns from gentle folk to psychadelic techno them this album's got the lot. enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not their best, but still a classic., 23 Dec 2001
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
Well, after the amazing Radiator, the super furry animals decided to create an album based more upon their techno side. Guerilla is a classic no doubt, and with the secret, hidden 15th track Citizen's Band, you're certainly getting your money's worth. SFA are in my opinion possibly the greatest band of all time, and this proves that even after giving it their all in Radiator, their imagination has not run dry. An essential purchase, by all means, but i wouldn't recommend to a person who's never heard their music. (Note the secret track can be located by re-winding through the first track.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, lasting the test of time, 12 July 2002
Kevin O'Donovan "kevinod" (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
This was my second SFA album after Rings around the World, and I prefer this one. Its more original, and a lot of the songs have so much going on, really shows the talent these guys have.
Its been in my car (1 of 6 in changer) several months now since I've got it and I'm not in a rush to take it out. Took a couple of listens to really get into it but well worth any effort.
Top class!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album, 8 April 2006
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
I loved Rings Around the World and this was my second SFA album. I think that this is every bit as good, with a mix of solid pop songs and the usual quirkiness that makes SFA albums such fun. Some fans did not much like this album but I think that if you enjoy the later albums like Rings Around the World and if you enjoy your pop delivered with a sense of humour then I would recommend this album.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Some Things' too good to miss, 1 May 2003
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
This album contains in 'Some Thing's Come from Nothing' one of the most beautiful songs in recent pop music. Simple and complex at the same time, it's a crystalline gem of vocals and those bubbling keyboards the Super Furry's do so well.
One day they'll make the out and out electronic album they keep promising, but in the meantime their fusion of styles and mix of techno and classic indie pop put them far, far ahead on the bunch, on the outer reaches of pop, but somehow still in tune with it's heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonus tracks make this a pop masterpiece, 31 Jan 2010
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
Guerilla on its own is well worth owning but with the bonus tracks included in the XL release it could be considered their best work. Tracks such as 'The Matter of Time', 'Colorblind', and 'Northern Lites' are pure joy.

4.0 out of 5 stars CHECK IT OUT, 22 April 2000
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
Ok, so its different. But its good different in my opinion, maybe not a change for the better because I believe that some of the songs don't live up to standard such as The Door To My House Remains Open and Chewing Chweing Gum. These are about too dancey for my liking, although I love Wherever I lay my phone (thats my home) because its so catchy and its a cracking tune. I also believe that the best song the Furries is on this album, Nightvision. Its got a top riff and the lyrics are so mad! The Teacher is also another top tune and is sure to please. The excellent Do Or Die is also on and the excellent intro for it aka Check It Out blends in wonderfully with Do Or Die. Most songs on the album are class but there's just something missing here, the style is begininng to change. It will certainly be interesting to hear Mwng which is out soon to see how much SFA have changed

5.0 out of 5 stars Undoubtably the best album of 1999, 23 Feb 2000
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
So we come to the end of the millenium, and Guerrilla is the last essential album of it. From the outset you know it's going to be diverse. Opener "Check It Out" is a perfect progression from the 303 mayhem on "Mountain People" (last song on Radiator). A short breakbeat influenced intro which then explodes into "Do Or Die", a fast paced guitar rocker that SFA do so well. When "Northern Lites" kicks in with it's calypso steel drums and lyrics about storm damage you know they're on it. "Nightvision" is a bass heavy description of a night on the town where people "exist in flexi-time" it's an us against them for the Y2K. "Wherever I Lay My Phone" is mashed up techno-cum-acid mayhem that's becoming so typical of Cian these days (see the live version of "The Man Don't Give A F*ck") then there is the ambient almost Aphex Twin like "Some things...". Beautiful! "Fire In My Heart" which you should all know by now, while not a good choice for a single works exceptionally well in this context and it oozes with sweetness. SFA's only real love song (I think). As for "Chewing Chewing Gum", when I saw them live last year there were 2000 people singing along to the lines "Don't go chewing in bed, You might wake up with it stuck in your hair". That has to be some kind of achievement. Finally we come to "Cosmic Trigger" which I feel was a bad choice for the album closer, but still a great guitar based track which namechecks the Hippo Club! The only critiscm I have of this album is that they should have gone a bit mental on the final track, a la Radiator. There is also a secret song in the minus track of "Check It Out" called "Citizens Band" which will hopefully be released as a single. Excellent f**ked up stuff from the best band in Britain at the moment.... And no I don't have any affiliation with the band, I should be so lucky! Outta here. Kev Kmadbastardo 2k.

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the best., 12 Nov 1999
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
Gurilla is more of the fantastic diversity that we have come to expect from the most innovative band of the nineteen-nineties. The range of song styles is mind blowing, one minute you are dancing like a madman to 'Do Or Die' then you get all romantic with 'Fire In My Heart', you just don't know how to feel. You will feel good however if you buy this CD, it will stand out of your collection and you will soon become attached to the warped out genius of the Super Furry Animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars an experience not to be missed (especially northern lites), 3 Dec 2000
This review is from: Guerrilla (Audio CD)
this is one of the greatest albums in my moderately sized cd collection. from the day i bought it i must have listened to it a million times and i'm still not bored. if it was possible to award an album 6 out of 5 stars then i would quite happily have awarded it to this masterpiece. a suttle blend of alternative indieish dancish kind of music, no matter what genre you are into this album would at least gain an "s'alright" from you at the very least. thanks to gruff, dafydd, guto, huw and cian for producing such great music.

Guerrilla
Guerrilla by Super Furry Animals (Audio CD - 2001)