Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 28 February 2012
Over the years I have amassed quite a collection of music and live one's have always been my particular favourites as they are, in general, truly next only to witnessing the artist in the flesh and certainly, several stand out for their energy and dynamics; UFO's Strangers In The Night, Humble Pie's Performance: Rockin' At the Fillmore are two such albums and, Johnny Winter And Live is another.
I saw Johnny way back when he first came to these shores and this led to my lifelong love affair with the blues and so when finally this live offering hit the streets around 1971, I was down the record shop to buy a vinyl version and even now (in CD form as the vinyl is almost white with wear!) it still holds my attention with the blistering speed of JW's solos notably in slide form on Meantown Blues (while duelling with Rick Derringer) and in straight form on Jumping Jack Flash and of course, the trademark growling vocals. And it really is as fresh as a daisy even to these jaded ears, 40 years plus on....how many current day "stars" are going to be able to claim as much?
Covering all the facets of blues, rock and rock and roll in an easily digested 40 or so minutes, this really does remain a gem and I cannot recommend it more highly to any lover of the blues or damned fine rock music played with total enthusiasm, power and instrumental virtuosity..
BRILLIANT!
on 22 March 2013
Rock and Roll and Blues at it's best, always loved Johnny Winter so had to replace the old vinyl with a CD
on 31 March 2014
no one plays like johnny , he developed his sound many years ago , i got a bundle of his albums , i love him to bits ...
on 25 January 2016
As good as I remember the original vinyl to be. I remember seeing Johnny Winter And live in Bradford in the 70s with the same line-up as the CD. Ahhh Memories!
on 18 November 2014
Had it on vinyl years ago and sold it .Missed it so much I had to buy this CD after hearing it in a bar in the USA . One of the best live albums ever recorded.
on 16 November 2014
I have always liked J W another album to add to my guitar gods very good.
on 10 December 2015
Waited years to get this album on cd.Very pleased with product.
on 26 January 2015
had this on vinyl years ago updated very good
on 24 August 2015