4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the ultimate......
Published on 8 Dec 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Madonna - The Ultimate Collection
Published on 27 Dec 2004 by Tania

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the ultimate......, 8 Dec 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
This is undoubtably a great collection of videos, which show Madonna's ability to adapt with the times. But it's a bit of a cheek calling it the 'ultimate' collection. If some videos were missing due to quality control, then fine. But videos missing include 'Into the Groove' (one of her best selling singles), 'Don't Cry for me Argentina', 'Crazy for you' and 'Justify my Love'. I can understand why they may be missing (various things like being film related, or too much for the PG rating of the DVD), but it does keep it from being a 5 star release.

3.0 out of 5 stars Madonna - The Ultimate Collection, 27 Dec 2004
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I really don't think the makers of this product should have been allowed to call it the "ultimate" collection because it just isn't. Infact it's a very incomplete collection in my opinion...I'm a huge Madonna fan, I've been one since "Music" came out and discovering her older work made me really fall in love with her as an artist. I'm now the type of fan who will buy almost anything if Madonna has something to do with it, so naturally I had to buy this two disc DVD boxset.
As I said, calling it the Ultimate collection is, in my opinion, a gross case of mis-representation. How can it be "ultimate" if half of Madonna's music video's are missing? I can understand that the video's which are soundtracks to movies are missing...maybe there were issues with owner rights or something, but it is still awful that video's like "Into the Groove", "Crazy For You","Who's That Girl", "The Look of Love", and "This Used To Be My Playground" are no where in sight.
More importantly, how can they include the risky "Human Nature" but leave out "Erotica" and "Justify My Love"? I understand that the content of these video's may be too mature but "Human Nature" isn't exactly family friendly either. What's more, how can they include the MTV performence of "Vouge" but leave out "Dear Jessie" and the UK version of "True Blue"? They don't even include Madonna's very first video's "Everybody" and "Burning Up!" It would've been nice to have a clip of Madonna performing "Holiday" on Top of the Pops from 1983 but since that's not a music video I can see why they didn't include such a feature and don't blame them.
However, I think this is a VERY badly put together boxset. I wouldn't have been upset if they hadn't gone shouting about it being the "ultimate" collection but as it stands, this DVD is anything BUT ultimate. My only real praise for it is that it does have 26 classic Madonna video's as well as the MTV performence of "Vouge" as a nice bonus. The picture and sound is very good, and it IS a good item for any Madonna fan to own, but the fact that it is FAR from being the "ultimate" collection forces me to give it no more than three stars.
Hopefully one day Madonna fans will have justice and get a nice, proper collection rather than this almost sorry excuse!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 dvds in one package, 24 Oct 2011
popfan (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
This set includes madonnas immaculate collection dvd and her 93-99 dvd. Madonna is the queen of pop , her ideas and songs stand alone has a testement of her greatness. This set shows a selection of her hit videos over the last 2 decades. The video has always been a great medium for madonna and these iconic videos should be in everyones collection.
Getting this set also is cheaper than buying both separate so its great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, 8 July 2014
imany thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Maddona,s Collection., 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
For a fan of the artist i would recommend, Very good sound and music quality. Pleasurable veiwing experience through out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Madonna's video history..., 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Had the video collection before so thought I would upgrade to dvds, excellent condition and delivery as always, shame a couple of her adult videos are missing from compilation but very pleased otherwise. 5*

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic collection of all Madonna's hits, 27 Nov 2011
P. Holt (Aberystwyth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I bought this recently and when it arrived I quickly put it in my dvd player. You get two discs one featuring all of Madonna's earlier work and the second of all her recent hits. This double dvd should keep you watching for ages, sounds really good too on my 7.1 shame there's no Dolby on it mind. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 2 July 2011
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
A must-have collection for all fans of Madonna, from the beginning of her career in her glorious 80s to the mature Madonna of the 90s.
Both DVDs are in very good state.
Strongly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the fan that still does not have it, 15 Mar 2009
Emanuela Arvati "ES" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I had those two videos in VHS but as I do not have a player anymore I wanted to get them on dvd and it is good value for money to put the two dvds together.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, 4 Nov 2012
Joseph R. O'Brien "movie maniac" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
The product was advertised as a 2 DVD set containing "the Immaculate Collection" and "the Video Collection". I received the first DVD but "the Video Collection" was not included. Insted I received "the Girlie Show Live Down Under." I will keep the DVDs as delivered because of the hassle of returning the one I didn't order but the product obviously is not as advertised.

The Ultimate Collection (Box Set) [DVD] [2000]