5.0 out of 5 stars you'll be amazed at what they learn from this one
Published on 22 Jun. 2002 by miranda lilley

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated Mother of a 6 yr old......
Just bought this for my 6 yr old daughter. My initial worry was that the game worked with XP and read other reviews first. It loaded with a bit of difficulty, but you could enhance the game by having internet access when installing. Or this was the impression I got. Without a connection to my daughters computer, I figured we are missing out somewhere along the line...
Published on 3 Jun. 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars you'll be amazed at what they learn from this one, 22 Jun. 2002
miranda lilley (Royston, Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
Of all the software my daughter has, this has to be the very best. At 4 years old she is able to identify all the large contries of the world. It is jam packed with some much information that it's one they will not grow out. Different countries, National flags, landmarks, capital cities, native traditions, animals, plants - learning made so much fun. I've brushed up on my geography skills too!
a must buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 6 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
my children (aged 6 and 11) love this game. it is very educational and fun with it. My 6 year old comes out with alsorts of facts which we have realized comes from this game. it holds her attention for hours needing no assistance. i teach them at home and recommend this and the other explorer games (esp this one)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
My 5 year old son, with only a little help is able to go round the world at his computer! He already knows the continents and most of the countries played with. The interactive animals and buildings etc are brilliant with facts which are read out to you, leaving little for adults to have to help them with. He has learnt so much from this package, I recommend this for any children at any ability/ age range and will be using it with my year 3/4 class at school.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated Mother of a 6 yr old......, 3 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
Finally began a game, and my daughter started to work her way around the countries. But after 10 minutes it crashed. We started again and the same thing happened. She now doesn't want to play the game as it keeps happening. I'm sure if we had an internet connection, a patch or update would have been accessible when installing to prevent this. However, this isn't indicated in any material or on the box.
I intend to try to load it on my own computer to see if the game will work with connections - but that defeats the object of my 6 yr old having her own computer. Please beware if you have an XP version PC.

1.0 out of 5 stars Become a World Explorer, 14 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
This software if full of bugs. We have received 2 patches from GSP but the system still freezes part way through the actual World Explorer game.
Our son loves the game but gets so disappointed when the system just stops without warning.
I wouldn't touch this product if you are running WinXP.

1.0 out of 5 stars Become a world explorer, 26 Jan. 2006
Sally (Middlesex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
Do not buy this CD ROM if your computer is loaded with Quicktime 4 (as mine is). I bought this item since it was supposed to play on Windows XP, but it does not play with new versions of Quicktime. Total waste of time and money. I gave this to my friend who had an old computer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather a let-down..., 10 April 2005
Ellen Conlon (Milano, MI Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
Children who are already familiar with educational software will find the graphics in this game miserable. Although there are some movie clips which break up the monotony, the game is essential static. You move a rectangle around on a world map to arrive to a certain area, or click an airplane to travel to another static map of a new country. One feature allows you to navigate the map once a regional area is open, however, if you utilize this feature more than once (clicking "North" twice for example, the program aborts (at least on XP). Your money would be better spent elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning and having fun - very rare., 22 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
This is one of the best PC games I have bought. Instead of being just educational or just a game this mangages to combine both elements and has turned my daughter into a geography expert.
It is easy to load and navigate and has masses of stuff to do. Many games are redundant once kids have been through the levels or done all the activities but this changes every time you start a new adventure.
Well worth the price. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars DK Become a World Explorer, 18 Feb. 2003
M. Peereboom (Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
I have two boys, age 3 and 5,5 who love World Explorer. They both sit together. The youngest loves the moving graphics and videos, whilst the eldest does the games. Through the day my eldest will explain things to me from what he has learnt. The written text can also be listened to, so if you can't read, no problem. Whilst doing World Explorer together the rest of the family also picked up things they'd forgotten. It's a great fun learning tool and we love the colourful and detailed pictures. The only thing we didn't like were the pictures of the passport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Year 2 upwards, 20 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Become A World Explorer (CD-ROM)
I bought the CD-ROM especially to use the package with a class of Year 2 students doing a geography topic on Barnaby Bear. I am sure it will prove very successful and entertaining. The features and animation are excellent, and it thoroughly covers all of the NC requirements for this particular QCA topic. A brilliant way to make a purposeful link between geography and ICT. Makes learning great fun!!

Become A World Explorer
Become A World Explorer by Avanquest Software (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)
Used & New from: £0.01