5.0 out of 5 stars Great for ex-pats

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as World Explorer
Published on 14 Dec. 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for ex-pats, 24 Sept. 2002
This review is from: Become A British Isles Explorer (CD-ROM)
Being an expat Brit, living in Sweden, it is important for me for my children to learn about Britain - its geography, history and culture. Three of my children were born in the UK, and they have really taken to this great cd-rom. They love to explore places that they remember, or places that I have spoken about. My eldest daughter became enthralled by castles, especially Caerphilly castle in Wales. So on a recent trip to visit grandma and grandpa, we made a special detour to the castle so that the children could see it. They loved it, and it was thanks to Become a British Isles explorer that they gained an interest and an insight into this part of our history and culture. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as World Explorer, 14 Dec. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Become A British Isles Explorer (CD-ROM)
Having found BECOME A WORLD EXPLORER by Dorling & Kindersley a great learning tool for my children, I thought that BRITISH ISLES EXPLORER would be just as fun. However, the information seems to me to be lacking and, dare I say, a bit boring. The children were enthralled with WORLD EXPLORER but hardly play this game. Being British myself I really feel that DK have neglected a lot of facts and information that should have been included, nevertheless, I do not regret buying BECOME A BRITISH ISLES EXPLORER as it still offers some information to my children that they did not have before.

2.0 out of 5 stars Information provided are great., 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Become A British Isles Explorer (CD-ROM)
It did not work on Win-7 at all, despite the fact that most of old DK software can.
However,
It has been executed and run OK on Win-XP , but the screen size still small even when screen resolution reduces to minimum.
Information provided are great.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Become A British Isles Explorer (CD-ROM)
it was a port cd it was go off so I could not play

Become A British Isles Explorer
Become A British Isles Explorer by Avanquest Software (Windows 95 / 98)