5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Cofidence Builder

Published on 14 Sept. 2008 by D. R. Sargent

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Cofidence Builder, 25 April 2001
Mrs L A Savage (East Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure (CD-ROM)
We bought this CD-rom for our 6 year old daughter, because she was dropping behind in school and getting worried about her maths. It has been a brilliant way to encourage her and to practise basic maths. We do a half hour session of pure maths and she thinks it is great fun. Her confidence is improving and it is showing through in her maths work. The parent section has some great stuff and the number counter sheet has been a great help. I would thoroughly recommend this package for anyone wanting to help a child gain confidence in maths - it works and is brilliant fun too. The characters are lovable and the dialogue is very funny. We will be back for other DK cd-roms in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear and Penguins Maths Adventure, 24 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure (CD-ROM)
Bear and penguins maths adventure is an excellent buy for young children. It blends simple maths with loveable characters. In each stage each character has funny little comments to encourage your child along. When each stage is completed a new chunk of ice pops up leading to an island with a super-game on it. When they complete this they have an option of printing a certificate and proceeding to the next level of difficulty. The age group is centred around 5-8, although the super-game was a challenge of speed, mouse handling and maths. It is a good program although out-dated I know some schools that use it and recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars bera and penguins big maths adventure, 7 Jan. 2004
S. Barnard "grohly" (north east england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure (CD-ROM)
I bought this software for my five year old for christmas and she loves it. The graphics are well thought out and the games very well geared towards key stage 1. There are four different games at each level (beginners, intermediate and advanced) and after completing each game it is possible to obtain a 'stepping stone'. This will allow you on completion of all four games to enter the 'super game' which is slightly harder then the other levels but offers a completion certificate which can be printed. Bear and Penguin act as your guides throughout and explain how to do each section. I wish I had had a program like this when I was learning maths, I may have found it a lot more interesting!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Maths adventure a Big Hit !, 28 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure (CD-ROM)
I bought this software package for my four year old, not realising the age guide on the packaging. The levels of difficulty were varying from the super easy to the very hard, but he loves it anyway. He particularly liked the added cartoon graphics of bear and penguin when choosing the different games and levels. A good beginner cd rom for all key stage one pupils.

1.0 out of 5 stars From Happiness to disappointment, 14 Sept. 2008
D. R. Sargent (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure (CD-ROM)
My Son absolutely loved this programme - and the Big Reading adventure. Once patches were downloaded it worked great.... on our old computer. Now we have a new system with Windows Vista is doesn't work. On the GSP support website the only advice was 'this product doesn't work on Vista'. Slightly disappointing to say the least - you'd have thought this wouldn't have been the case. Unless anyone knows of a workaround they'd like to share, I am afraid I cannot recommend this software.

1.0 out of 5 stars sound software not installed properly error, 5 Feb. 2008
O. Young (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure (CD-ROM)
I can't get the thing to work, because it says my sound software is not installed correctly. But it is. Beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Legacy Software Rubish, 27 May 2009
This review is from: Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure (CD-ROM)
This software was recomended by Amazon, in the "bought with link": "Abacus + Big Maths" deal. Didn't highlight that the software is nearly a decade old. You can download an update if your as high spec as XP SP1. So if you've got Vista, 64 or x86 or XP SP2 or SP3, it will not work. RIP OFF!!!!!!

Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure
Bear & Penguin's Big Maths Adventure by Avanquest Software (Windows 2000 / 95 / 98 / NT)
Used & New from: £0.01