5.0 out of 5 stars DK- My First Dictionary
Published on 10 Oct 2002 by Claire Gibbs

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7
THIS ITEM WAS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7 AS OTHER REVIEWS HAD STATED. I ALREADY OWNED ONE WHICH WAS NOT COMPATIBLE SO NOW I HAVE TWO WHICH DON'T WORK. IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A COMPUTER WHICH WILL RUN THIS DISK IT IS EXCELLENT. MY CHILDREN LOVED IT AND THOROUGHLY MISS BEING ABLE TO USE IT.
Published on 14 Dec 2011 by ellis75

5.0 out of 5 stars DK- My First Dictionary, 10 Oct 2002
Claire Gibbs (Chesterfield, Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First CD-Rom: Dictionary (CD-ROM)
This is a fantastic way to get young children familiar with letter sounds, spelling and meanings of words. Each letter comes with a picture index to choose your word then each word not only will read its own text to you to explain about it but one click on the picture will set off animations and or sounds to match making a much more interactive, enjoyable and memorable way to learn than looking up in a book. I thouroughly reccomend it my son is just 3 1/2 and loves this.

4.0 out of 5 stars DK - Starting to read, 13 Oct 2004
This review is from: My First CD-Rom: Dictionary (CD-ROM)
Our four year old son loves this CD. He sits still for up to an hour at a time learning without realising it. This is quite something as he can't usually sit still for two minutes without being distracted. The games/tasks are simple and simply presented. Rewards are given after each task in the form of an electronic sticker book and electronic certifiacates, which really motivate him. The only minor draw back is the programme only runs in window mode, ie it does not fill the whole screen.
All in all I would definately recomend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: My First CD-Rom: Dictionary (CD-ROM)
This is a great way to encourage your child to learn and to challenge himself, it is full of activities.

(( The most important thing, it is in British accent and NOT in American accent. ))

It is working on my Windows XP and that is great.
My child enjoined himself a lot with this CD.

Thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7, 14 Dec 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally OK, 14 Nov 2009
This review is from: My First CD-Rom: Dictionary (CD-ROM)
This works on Vista and Windows 7, but shows its age.

Reasonably good content.

My First CD-Rom: Dictionary
My First CD-Rom: Dictionary by Avanquest Software (Windows 3.1 / 95 / 98)