5.0 out of 5 stars This really is five star hand cream !
Published on 28 Mar. 2011 by the dutchwoman

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay product
Published 12 months ago by Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars This really is five star hand cream !, 28 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Therapy With Pump 250g (Personal Care)
I have suffered from eczema since I was a child. Although it has totally cleared up everywhere else, every winter a sore, dry patch develops somewhere on my hands - never in the same place - the cold, dry weather and constant gardening as the weather improves just makes it worse and worse. I've tried every steroid cream, moisturiser etc the doc can prescribe so when a friend gave me this, I didn't dare touch it - usually hand creams make my skin flare up horribly. However, come the summer, my skin was clear again as usual, I was in a hurry and it was the only thing within reach. The feel and smell was so delightful that I kept using it. It was only when relatives came for Christmas that I realised my hands were STILL clear. This hand cream was the only thing I had done differently. Still, I wasn't sure. Two weeks ago, the 50 ml gift tube finally ran out and now I have a small but sore dry patch developing on my left index finger around the end knuckle. I have no medicinal proof but something in this suits the usually unhappy skin on my hands. I am now buying it by the dispenser load! I wish I had known about this twenty years ago! There are tiny tubes available - try it for yourself and see! Use wisely - it's not cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT, 4 Aug. 2009
Excellent hand cream. Nice herby fragrance and very nourishing for dry hands. Lasts for ages and even my husband will use it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only cream that copes with the cold weather!, 16 Jan. 2011
We discovered this hand cream when making over a garden, while we lived in London. Having moved to the French Alps we now use the same hand cream to combat the extremes of weather. It is the only one we know of that makes a big difference. The gardeners hand wash, also gets rid of the smell of garlic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lovely lovely, 29 April 2010
This really is a lovely hand cream. It has a very pleasant fresh smell, suitable for women and for men, and sinks in very quickly leaving your hands lovely and soft. Although it is quite expensive, it seems to work much better than some of the cheaper ones around. I usually am a bit of a scrooge when it comes to spending money on any beauty products as I believe that supermarkets' own brands work just as well as other more expensive products but I do feel that this hand cream is much nicer than any of the other cheaper ones I have used in the past and I am glad I splashed out on this!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 5 Nov. 2011
My mum loves this hand cream, we both have sensitive skin so need to be careful but this is just amazing, and leaves your hands so soft!
This is the cheapest ive ever managed to find this, and it was dispatched extremely quickly.
would say the only thing that annoyed me was the way it was packaged as the tape left stiky marks over it, aside from that it is great :)
would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great quality product, 8 Aug. 2011
Excellent quality and value in this amazing hand cream.
This does not leave youyr hands greasy afterwards, but you definitely feel the difference afterwards.

You don't have to be a gardener to use this, just someone who uses there hands a lot.

There are cheaper products, but they are just not as good so it proves to be a false economy.
If you want a cream that works - use this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 13 Jun. 2010
Mrs. V. M. Ireland (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was given one of these for a birthday present. After trying numerous hand creams I find this was does the job for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay product, 12 Mar. 2014
Tim (St Albans, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Going by reviews I bought this hand cream to try. It has a pleasant smell and the pump dispenser is handy too. I did find the cream no more than average, I applied plenty and put cotton gloves on for a time but it didn't make any difference.i don't like creams to leave a film on my hands or any stickiness and most creams do, including this one (only a tiny bit). I have tried loads of hand creams over the years and find Boots hand and nail cream still to be the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need to be a gardener to love this hand cream, 24 Jun. 2014
Bought as a gift for my husband.... two years in a row.

This Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Cream smells gorgeous. It comes in a handy pump dispenser, which is perfect for use after coming in from a lengthy "stint" in the garden, washing tired and grubby hands and giving them a treat.

That said, we have both taken to using it even when we haven't been in the garden!!

Not only does it smell lovely - it's a fresh, herbal fragrance that is neither masculine nor feminine... so perfect for lady and gentlemen gardeners alike. It is very moisturising, yet doesn't feel greasy on your skin. It gets absorbed fairly quickly (rather than sitting on the surface of the skin), yet seems to last for hours. We tend to use it last thing at night too... so your hands benefit from the moisturising treat all night long (you know what us women are like..... I'm forever washing my hands throughout the day, so feel the night time treat is the best).

It's not the cheapest hand cream.... but one of the best and it does seem to last for about 6-8 months (depending on how often I pinch a squirt). It's certainly one of the best smelling hand creams we've used and really works hard to keep gardeners' hands soft and supple.

Well worth the money and a wonderful gift for a special person. (or treat yourself, why don't you?)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 28 Mar. 2013
I have incredibly dry skin on my hands as my job requires me to wash my hands very frequently throughout the day. I bought this hoping that it would be a good moisturiser for my hands. For me is was not as moisturising as other creams I have used - I know I will not find a 'cure' for my dry skin, but there are other creams at similar prices which I find work much better. This may be good for others, different skin responds to things differently, but I would not recommend this for VERY dry skin.

Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Therapy With Pump 250g