Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Size: 1 pack|Change

on 27 May 2014
They work well.

One tip I can pass on, from my experience of using these bulbs in little torches for work virtually every day over many, many years, is that the bulbs almost never blow if you use NiCad or NimH rechargeable batteries because the voltage is never over 1.2v, yet stays at about 1.2v for almost the entire life of the battery, whereas alkaline battery voltage starts at 1.7v and drops over time to below 1.0v. The actual light output is only better with alkalines for the first very short period when thery are fresh, but the bulbs are MUCH more likely to blow at 1.7v. I've lost count of the number of times I've put fresh alkalines in and phut! - that's when the bulb will decide to blow. Almost never with rechargeables.
on 11 October 2011
These are are fantastic. No, really, they are. They're very small but fit perfectly into the torch, which is lucky I suppose. Anyway, when they're in they work a blinkin' treat, they do. The light that comes out from them is, well, almost magical. Perhaps that's why they're called Mag Lites? I could point the torch straight ahead and the light meant I could see in the dark for several feet. It was great. And what's more, there were two of them - Oh Joy! I would defiantly buy these again, and I mean defiantly because I would fight anyone who disagreed with my purchase.
on 27 December 2009
These are exaclty as required, two spare maglite bulbs. One for the torch and another to store in the recess in the end cap of the torch. Delivery was swift and accurate and cost insignificant. You can't go wrong.
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2010
Just to say these work with the mini mag 2-cell aaa - I couldn't find anywhere that would tell me if they did or not!
Great price too - and arrived very speedily.
on 11 January 2010
Quick service from this supplier - as Maglites use special bulbs there's a limit to what you can say about them, other than they are fit for purpose, if not cheap.
on 21 July 2013
My mother is now in her late eighties, so likes to be able to stick to her familiar routines. I'd bought her a Maglite torch a few years ago, which she repeatedly tells me is very useful. Apparently she likes to use it when she gets out of bed during the night to adjust the central heating, shining it into the airing cupboard and turning the thermostat up or down. So when the existing bulb finally gave out and needed replacing, it was important to set the wheels in motion quickly and fix her torch to let her get back to her regular lifestyle.

These bulbs are incredibly small and delicate, so need attentive care when swapping them over in the torch (or possibly other devices they might go into as well). From their appearance I don't imagine they'd be compatible with other manufacturer's products, although I'm no electrician. The bulbs are small, which makes it helpful that the packaging is of a reasonable size so that there's less chance of losing track of where you safely stored them away. From our experience of the original bulb having given almost daily usage for about seven years, we're confident that these are the same brand and should hopefully do likewise - and there are two of them, so that's even longer!
on 6 February 2015
If you have an older Maglite, these really do make a difference. Clearly, they are not as good as the later LED's and the batteries will not last as long but they do provide a much improved white light over the older Krypton bulbs. I do have the latest 2xAAA LED Maglite but these Xenon bulbs do breath life into the older models and well worth considering.
on 29 December 2009
What can I say? Impossible to find this on the high street, yet again Amazon comes up trumps.

Had it in the torch within seconds - worked perfectly - and to think I nearly discarded it.

I would have paid this for just one, but to get a pair is great value.
on 9 October 2015
There are two bulbs in the pack, which is great as you can replace one and store the other under the battery spring. The bulbs are excellent too, just what you would expect. This was exactly what I required.
on 3 April 2015
As described and must say it was very well packaged I actually dropped the package and drove over it with my car. Contents was unaffected to my amazement.