5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, probably the greatest online game in existance!
Published on 27 Mar 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Could've been great, but greed shoots it down
I've been a fan of the Ultima series since I first played Ulima IV on my humble Sega Master System. However, I didn't like Ultima 8 that much, and I didn't even bother getting the last incarnation.
Published on 23 July 2000 by Tim Van Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, probably the greatest online game in existance!, 27 Mar 2002
This review is from: Ultima Online: Second Age (Video Game)
I have so much to say in such a small space, but I'll tell you all as much as I can. Firstly, I am a player from the Europa shard and I have been playing for 8 months, and I still have'nt managed to fully explore the UO world of Sosaria. This is an excellent game with so many great elements and so much to do online. There are dungeons to explore, mountains to scale, creatures to tame, items to build, over 70 skills to master (unfortunately, you can only master 7) and treasure to hunt. There is also a special 'party' system with allows players to team together which really makes this online game worth playing!
And don't even think that all the fun in the game is over after the first few months; as you're account ages you receive special items, gain special privilages and are able to enter hidden cities such as the city of wind.
For all you RPG fans out there (which I'm sure there is a lot of) I would truly recommend this brilliant game, it online gaming at it's best. But for all of you that don't have a fixed internet bill such as 'anytime' (not 'pay as you go') then maybe you should steer clear of this game (unless youre made of money) because you will play for hours and hours on end and not realise until you get the phone bill!
I hope this reveiw has helped you guys make up you're mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a game, 21 Nov 2000
This review is from: Ultima Online: Second Age (Video Game)
Ultima online: Second Age is the latest update of the amazing Ultima Online series. When you buy this game you should get ready to be immersed in an online world of record-breaking proportions. From the moment you log in as that armour clad warrior, fast witted assassin or simple fisherman you know you that you have joined something special. In the years uo has been around it has grown to around 100,000 players online at any one time, this is a different life that you are (usually) in complete control of, you can walk the streets of massive cities chatting with friends from your work or somebody you met online who actually lives thousands of miles away. Or you can adventure into one of the perilous dungeons in search of gold and fame. It is up to you. I consider myself to be a veteran member of the ultima online community (2 years play) and I am still often surprised by finding places I have not seen before or simply going to a player run event like a horse race, where I often win a lot of gold! When I say it's more than a game I mean you might just find yourself living another life. If you survive the first week come look me up at the aura guild hq, on drachenfells shard...

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont let payment put you off, 22 Oct 2000
This review is from: Ultima Online: Second Age (Video Game)
I gladly pay my .... a month to pay this fantastic game, every aspect of it is superb. Although the graphics are outdated they are good enough and portray the game well. Its a challenge from the start and even when you have little money and are getting beaten up by rabbits, it makes you come back and play. It does take a while to get a decent character, but its very rewarding and even when you have totally maxed out your current character there are no specified classes so you can make a new one, thats totally differant!

5.0 out of 5 stars The *best* MMRPG ever!, 21 Aug 2001
D. W. Chester (Woking, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultima Online: Second Age (Video Game)
I have been playing Ultima Online since December 1997. That is 3.5 years! Yes, you must pay a monthly subscription to play, but it is only a very small amount and well worth the hours and hours of fun you will have playing this game.
You will join an online world with thousands of other players from all over the world and interact with them. Some will become your friends and some will become your enemies!
You can develop 7 of many different skills to build a character for a particular purpose. You may want to be a Mage, a Swordsman or a Treasure Hunter. You might prefer to be a Blacksmith and tour the cities making or repairing other players armour and weapons! You will want to kill big hairy monsters, but be careful! Evil may lurk aroud the next corner in the form of a Daemon, or worse still, a "PK", or "player killer". Not all people who play this game are nice! You can be a bad guy or a good guy. The choice is yours. Whatever you choose to be, however, you will make friends and have the most fun possible from a computer game. After playing Ultima Online, ordinary single user games just do not appeal! Have fun! Fireball Guildmaster, BiH Brothers in Honor Siege Perilous Shard

4.0 out of 5 stars "Woloverene", 21 May 2001
This review is from: Ultima Online: Second Age (Video Game)
UO is one of the best RPG games i have played before. There is a great variety of professions you can be such as mage, fighter, taylor etc.. It may take a while to build up the character but it is worth every second. The only let down i found, like many others would probably agree is paying each month ... to keep playing. It would definately be a 5 star if this was not the case. Overall it is a great game and a must for all (+15)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!!, 15 Aug 2004
This review is from: Ultima Online: Second Age (Video Game)
Amazing. Simply Amazing. The wolrd is huge, opportunities vast and enjoyment stunningly massive!! You can do so much, no matter how many times you play this game or for how long, you are going to discover new things to do and different places to go. There are so many different prefessions you can master yourself in and even that takes a while to do as they are so deep and advanced! You can become a smith, taylor, warrior, thief (don't suggest it unless very skilled!) and SOOO much more! Overly addictive and worth every single penny..Well worth getting. Have fun when it arrives as I know it well ;) :D

2.0 out of 5 stars Could've been great, but greed shoots it down, 23 July 2000
Tim Van Holder (Mechelen, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultima Online: Second Age (Video Game)
This game could have been great, however - I'm an avid MUD player and the prospect of mixing that with great graphics and the Ultima environment was very appealing. What destroys this, in my opinion, is the fact that besides paying for the game, you also have to pay to play it. Diablo II is hugely successful mainly because of the free online play! If UO's online play was free as well, I'm sure this would be a major hit (and would've gotten 4 or 5 stars). As it is, only Ultima purists will be interested. A shame.

Ultima Online: Second Age
Ultima Online: Second Age by Electronic Arts (Windows 95 / 98)
Used & New from: 0.01