5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT
It's stupid. It's inane. It's puerile. Of course it is.

Published on 29 Nov. 2006 by Ms. K. T. B. Mcpherson

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable
It's OK, some laughs. Feels horribly dated. Not one I could recommend. A few good performances but not enough to save this.
Published 12 months ago by Roddenberry

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 29 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
It's stupid. It's inane. It's puerile. Of course it is.

Having said that, IT DOESN'T MAKE THIS MOVIE ANY LESS HILARIOUS AND FUN!!! This is my favourite movie ever, because it is so light hearted, and the humor is clever enough to be funny, but not so intellectual that the jokes aren't universal. Considering comedies produced in the current movie industry, this is GOLD. When you compare Men In Tights to garbage like Little Man and Scary Movie 4, you realize that the true humor lies in the actual SCRIPT, not the amount of naked people in the movie at once.

I love this movie because of the comic musical interludes, the much cooler than you'd think Merry Men and Maid Marian's nurse. Amongst many other things, but this movie will always put you in a better mood, and Prince John's moving mole is amazing.

Get the movie, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mel does comedy well........., 1 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I love this movie! There are just so many scenes in this that you love, but unlike most movies, you can't wait to hear the jokes or the chorus lines all over again.
Carey Elwes did a fantastic job, as well as the other actors, in making this a fun-
filled spoof, poking fun and what despritly needed to be made fun of. I highly encourage everyone to see this movie, it's a comidy classic that you will want to watch over and over .....And Mr. Mel Brooks, we're all still waiting for the US DVD........

4.0 out of 5 stars doesnt get old... and now ive seen the 'actual' film... it gets better!, 3 Aug. 2010
Mrs. S. L. Lashmar "bestiavolaticus" (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
As inferred by the title of my review - i saw 'Robin Hood: Men in Tights' well before i saw 'robin Hood: Prince of Thieves' to which the film gives much more than a passing nod. In fact it would be over ten years before I would see that film... and in all that time I still thought the film was a great comedic take on the Robin Hood legend, and indeed film history of that particular mythos.
When I eventually got round to seeing RH:PoT however, the film took itself to a new level - i spotted more jokes, and more events which caused me to laugh until i was ready to cry.

Starring Cary Elwes (the Princess Bride, Saw, Hot Shots, Days of Thunder) and Amy Yasbeck (Wings, Problem Child)the story of Robin, returning from the crusades in Jerusalem to find his family home plundered by the Sherriff, we folw him on his quest to regain his lost home, name and lady, Marian.

If you've seen and enjoyed previous Mel Brooks films then this is another one to add to the list of classic comedic parodies from the brains beind Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles. If you haven't then this is a great one to get started with - family friendly, and fun - most kids will be familiar with Robin Hood, and jokes for the grown ups too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love love love, 24 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I tell you I can quote this movie! I frequently do. It is such a fab movie and I am a pitiful heap of laughter every time. The only time I can pause for breath from laughing is the odd scene with the Mafia which I guess I just don't get (never have or will watch the Godfather though). 'We're men, manly men, we're men in tights!!!!!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughs all the way through, 7 Aug. 2007
Laura (Worksop, Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Brilliant, fantastic comedy that really takes the michael out of the robin hood myth and those who take it way TOO seriously....I couldn't stop laughing when I watched it. Really, really, really, silly storyline and over the top costumes and scenery with a really talented cast. It's the perfect recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legend Had It Coming!!!!, 10 Jan. 2009
I have several Robin Hood films and you know, I think this one is the best by a mile. That could be because I love madcap humour, but it also could be that I love Mel Brooks films.

Robin Hood? The legend definitely had this coming to it when you think about it. Errol Flynn in his green tights trying the English accent that Cary Elwes does so well, or not as you may be the judge. Then the TV series and a couple of films from Hollywood and Disney, with even a film with Mr Connery, but now we have this one.

If ever anything deserved to have the mick taken out of it then this is it. Check out the late, great Isaac Hayes who is in prison for jaywalking and his son, Dave Chappelle as a Malcolm X impersonator and you will see what I mean.

Absolute brilliance from end to end. And Amy yasbeck is not bad to look at either. Definitely worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Savage Wolf, 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This movie for any Robin Hood collector is a must. You usuaully find all the drama in the Robin Hood flicks but if it is laughter you are looking for this is the one for you. I have all the Robin Hood movie's and there is just one line in this movie that makes it all worth the buying and sooo very true..." Unlike some Robin Hood's , I can speak with an English accent" LOL. And that is sooo true most movies like the one with Kevin Costner in them, the actors have no ENGLISH accent. Being an American doesn't make a difference one way or another because I am one BUT considering Robin Hood was ENGLISH it does make this movie all the funnier , if not only for this line. Again Mel Brooks pulls off a great spoof , so if ya are one of his fans, this movie is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars well you know what they say, no noose is good noose!, 9 Oct. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
'villagers, lend me your ears', but pls dont throw them at me. There is no other word to describe this film other than ingenious! it will keep you laughing to whole time! i cant think of a funnier film! Cary Elwes is a brilliant actor and really suits the role, part of what makes the film so great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really funny, 18 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I thoroughly enjoyed this film. It's such a classic in my eyes. A really fun film which is pretty much suitable for all of the family as children probably wouldn't notice/understand the innuendo etc. Definitely worth a watch, even if you're not into spoof movies, because it doesn't really feel like one, it feels like a comedy in its own right. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best, 27 Mar. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Ever since the first time I saw this film I loved it, yes it is 'stupid' humour, I currently own it on VHS, which is now slowly beginning to disintergrate from being watched so many times. This truly is one of the greatest comedies I have ever seen, and one of the few that I can watch again and again unlike so many others which after a few times loses its ability to make you laugh, i know every word and it's still funny. If you want a comedy that'll last forever, this is it. One of Mel Brooks' finest films.

Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010]
Robin Hood - Men In Tights [DVD] [2010] by Mel Brooks (DVD - 2010)