Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 March 2001
This is the best album to chill to I've ever come across. Admittedly the first couple of tracks don't quite fit in with the mellow feel of the rest of the album. The Biological Break sounds like the Midfield General and Theatricks sounds like a Happy Mondays B-Side although both funky in their own way. However Hammock Island, Skyscraper and of course Slip Into Something (vocal & instrumental versions) are stunning. Slip.. especially is one of those songs that you never want to end. If you buy this album you will never feel unhappy again!
on 6 March 2001
If you like Air, Groove Armada, Alex Gopher or even the first Stone Roses album then you will love this album. In my opinion there are only 2 poor tracks, whilst the rest are all amazing. Grass Roots Horizon is my personal favourite sounding like a 21st Century remake of Minnie Rippertons "Loving You". Skyscraper is another stand-out track which is absolutely sublime. Buy this album and it will last you for ever (or at least until the next Air album is released!)
on 22 June 2001
A few months ago I bought KY by LemonJelly. When I got it home, as well as the LemonJelly CD, this Kinobe one was in there too. I thought "cool - a free CD" and that was it.
Well, the other day I finally got round to listening to this, and was so glad that I did. You can stick your Chilled in Ibiza compilations etc, because this is the ultimate chill-out album. Perfect for a warm summer's evening and a laid back drink with your mates.
on 31 October 2009
Groove armada, kruder dorfmeister - kinobe are in fine company with soundphiles.

This is a great album, features the music used in the kronenburg ads - you'll be surprised
how familiar this album already is to you - it's still being played widely. Classics
like this will sound fresh forever
on 22 March 2004
This album is great. Good to listen to during the day or at night. 'Slip into something more comfortable' is outstanding without the vocals and 'Bayou Barrataria' is really smoothe.
on 25 January 2001
Soundphiles is one of those very rare musical treats that really can change your mood. From the excellent dark humour of Theatricks to the blissful and incredibly soulful Hammock Island make listening to Soundphiles utterly absorbing. It lifts the hairs on the back of your neck. Of course the track that blows everyone away is Slip into something .... I'll never tire of hearing that at least once a day. There's not one even slightly naff track on this album, buy it and buy your friend one, they'll be your best mate for life.
on 24 July 2000
Taking Groove Armada's mantel from last summer as "The" album to chill to, but with a slightly darker feel than "Vertigo". Stand out tracks are "Slip Into Something More Comfortable" and my favourite "Hammock Island." A fine album worth investing in.
on 10 May 2008
A classic cd. Track 3 is very reminesscent of miles davis middle section of "peace" from in a silent way. This cd goes beyond the end of miles davis life and music. It also has a mix of fat boy slim sounds but is far more muscical and interesting to listen too.
on 9 January 2015
I love Air (Moon Safari), Zero 7 (Simple Things), so looking for similar music I heard Skyscraper on Radio2 and took a punt on the album. Some songs are fabulous mellow electronic tracks but a couple are a bit weird. Generally good.
on 18 November 2003
Kinobe... wow. I'm just lost for words when it comes down to this album. It's just brilliant, is all I can say. My favourite track (or one of them) has got to be THEATRICKS but obviously the renowned SLIP INTO SOMETHING MORE COMFORTABLE is rated highly as well. If you like chilled out beats then this is the album for you.
Just to give you an insight into the type of album this is, I'll list some of the other artists that I love:
The Wiseguys
Royksopp
Bonobo
Lemon Jelly
...need I go on? Kinobe; get it... now.