5.0 out of 5 stars The best game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Published on 3 May 2001 by Browny boy

1.0 out of 5 stars disc don't even play
purchased a couple of these games both didn't work both said very good condition and the price you charge for this disgraceful , birthday gift for my son so not happy at all will not be buying on-line again
Published 17 months ago by Katrina Seedhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 3 May 2001
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
I'm a 12 year old from west sussex, but even though the minimum age for this game is 3 years old, I think it's the best game ever, even my 45 year old dad loves it and my mum coulden't wait to see another dragon freed. The graphics are great, the sound is great and Spyro himself is such a sweet dragon. I can't wait to resieve Spyro 2 which I recently bought from Amazon. I would recommended it to anybody, any age, on earth and my best mate can't wait to have a go at spyro 2!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and gripping/addictive game, 31 Aug. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
this game is amazing i have Spyro The Dragon and Spyro 2 and i love them both. I love playing on it. It is worth the money (well i think it is) it is a bit of a strategy game and it also has a bit of action in it.
there is loads of levels and great other characters.
The main plot of this game is to free all the the dragons and complete all the levels.
It isnt a short game it does last awhile and you can play loads of times and it never ever gets boring

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For All Gamers, 8 Oct. 2007
Sarah Wood (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
This was the first game i played on the playstation 1 and loved every minute of it and the original Spyro's are way better then the newer versions on sale today....mainly because i find the newer versions too easy and sometimes boring.

I recently dusted off my playstation and started playing this game again, although i find it much easier to play now (my dad no longer having to help me to glide) i still love it and thats the beauty of this game its never boring.

This is game for all the family, it's fun, easy for younger players and good fun for more experienced gamers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!!, 21 July 2005
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
This is a game that redefines interest in the platformer genre. Spyro must free his dragon buddies who were crystallized by Gnasty Gnorc. He takes his best buddy Sparx, a dragonfly, to rescue the dragons and defeat Gnasty Gnorc.
The graphics and sound are AMAZING. Defining visuals, coupled with relaxing music and sound.
This has been ignored by some because of the "kiddy" image. If you fear that, know that you can burn stuff!
Get this game wherever possible!

4.0 out of 5 stars Spyro The Dragon, 6 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
Not the most challenging of games but Spyro The Dragon is fun to play.The levels are bursting with puzzles, activities and, of course, enemies. The main aim of the game is to free dragons that have been captured in stone by Gnasty Gnorc (the big boss). Enemies are fun to play with and bosses are fairly easy to defeat. If you found this review inspiring (probably not) and decide to buy Spyro and find it fun then try playing these games : Spyro The Dragon 2, Spyro: Year Of The Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2 etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars totally amazing, 25 Mar. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
I think this game is just a good challenge but yet it is soooooo addictive. It's hard to tear yourself away from it. I have only played it at my friends. I am looking forward to getting it soon. Spyro and Crash Bandicoot are both sooooo gud I want to get all of them. I probably like this so much beacause I just love platformers. Spyro the dragon is such a gud game you should buy it. you'll love it aswell. What are you waiting for? Buy it NOW!

4.0 out of 5 stars Spyro the Dragon, 26 Nov. 2001
D. J. D. Marsh (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
In his first ever adventure, Spyro has to rescue the dragons and foil Gnasty Gnorc's plan of turning all of the dragons in the five worlds into crystal.
I thought this game was very strategic and mind-bending, with plenty of humour. The game included individual voices graphics with cartoony effect and I think this game is worth 4 stars!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Spyro The Dragon is a game that shall remain eternally brilliant, 3 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
This game reminds me of the gold that reminiscent platformers have, that include the valuable nostalgia that I personally felt attached to as a child from here on then. Spyro is a very unique sort of game, which involves exploration and toasting some gnorcs vigorously! The concept is sort of dismissed in my opinion, but the game generally both populated with the levels and exploring (E.g. Freeing the Dragons from crystal, Finding the 14,000 gems within the game and Retrieving the eggs from the thieves of whom need to be chased down!), so that compensates for the experience.

Gnasty Gnorc has been contained in a remote world, leaving him isolated from the dragon kingdom. The Dragons tease him about his intentions that boil him up with anger, so much so, that he traps them in crystal leaving them vulnerable within the realms of their 6 worlds. The treasure has been scattered all throughout the magic worlds that he has gathered up by the use of his henchmen Gnorcs. But Gnasty Gnorc doesn't realize that he missed out one of the dragons - A tiny Dragon by name of Spyro The Dragon, who is forced to bring peace back to the world, reclaim the stolen items and toast Gnasty Gnorc for good.
It's not a very memorable story, but the nostalgia value is not what makes it remain as one of the greatest platformers to ever come on the Sony Playstation.

Now in regards to replay value; it has much of that. In fact, I was surprised at how many times I replayed this game, understanding every single sight etc.

So is this game worth the money? You bet it is.
Recommended to anybody! Especially Nostalgic gamers.

5.0 out of 5 stars An oldie but a goldie!, 3 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
This is the first video game I ever played. I was only four years old. I loved the little purple dragon and still do in this format. I still find the graphics good enough, the gem collecting is still brilliant, the villians are cuddly, the music by Stuart Copeland excellent, and all the levels really good. Spyros mission is to free 80 dragons from their crystal prisons. Once freed the dragons give spyro valuable information and hints to complete the game. Even though I have played on the other orignal spyro games over the years, this is still a really good game to play. It is still enjoyable and fun - I just love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 Oct. 2000
C. Grainger (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) (Video Game)
This is one of the best games I have ever played on, excluding the sequel. Although it is a cartoon style game and quite cutesy I would recommend it. I played on it for a very long time before I actually suceeded in completing it, let's just say some things are well hidden! It is a platforming game, and it is aimed at children but like I said there is a challenge for adults too. All the Spyro series have amazing graphics, for the current playstation, and the music and sound effects are also very fitting for the game. If you enjoy this I also recommend the sequel "Spyro: Gateway to Glimmer" or "Ripto's Rage" if your'e in the US. The sequel also includes more of a puzzle element than the first and is alot trickier. I would definitely recommend both games and "Spyro: Year of the Dragon"... Hope this was of help, Rachel BB

Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS)
Spyro The Dragon - Platinum (PS) by Sony Computer Entertainment UK (PlayStation)
Used & New from: £23.99