Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 13 October 2000
Good packaging, Good design, Good episodes-all make for a winning combination for a Good series that has just had a welcome re-issue on video. Curtis + Moore fight the foes and woo the women as unlikely partners in crime, Wilde + Sinclair. They are brought together by crafty crime-seeking Judge Fulton(Laurence Naismith) in the pilot episode on this video, 'Overture'. This episode is one of the classics of the series and has a great mix of action, adventure and laughs, and was certainly a taste of things to come. Great scenery filmed in Monte Carlo and the surrounding areas on the French Riviera with great footage of the characters' flashy choice of cars competing for the roads. You'll also like the bevvy of beauties that feature in this episode with a twist of an ending. 'Angie, Angie' is another earlier 'Persuaders' episode and is certainly one of the more serious scripts of all the twenty-four that were made in the series. A change from the tongue-in-cheek scenarios, this is a rightful classic in itself. It touches on nostalgia and sentimentality for the past, but still has the right mix of humour at the right time: Danny Wilde(Tony Curtis)unexpectedly meets up with an old pal from the bronx, whilst Brett Sinclair(Roger Moore) experiences an assassination attempt on an ex-Union Boss' life and both events ironically happen at the Cannes Film Festival. 'The Persuaders!' was one of the better ITC series ever made with certainly one of the best theme tunes ever performed for a series by the master of the Bond signatures, John Barry. A rare and great combination of clever casting by ATV mogul Lord Lew Grade and producer Robert S.Baker, saw Curtis + Moore spark off each other on and off screen. Buy this video-you'll really like it!
on 1 November 2000
To begin, The Persuaders must have one of the best theme tunes of any TV series, ever. It's dramatic, evocative and catchy with backing graphics that not only introduce the main characters, but also illustrate their divergent backgrounds and personalities.
I recently watched several episodes of The Persuaders when they were screened on pay-TV here in Australia. The show was, if not entirely unique in its format, at least a cut above its competition in the very early seventies. Nearly thirty years later, when the dross of that decade has been all but forgotten, The Persuaders still entertains, still amuses and still amazes with its original and often unusual plots.
The two episodes presented here are a pair that would very nicely introduce a new viewer to the show. The Gold Napoleon is one of my favourites. I commend the series to you.
on 25 November 2000
I remember watching this series dubbed in Italian when I was a child, and now that I can own it on a dvd it's great! In the first episode we see how the two met and it's terrific, in a classic 70s style. I am now collecting all of the British series I can find on dvd and I hope this one is just the beginning, because I'm still waiting for Gerry Anderson's UFO! Whether you have already seen it or not, this dvd it's worth its cost. Tony Curtis and Roger Moore are great and fun is sure!
on 11 March 2009
I have a personnal liking for this program, especially the 1st showing . When I was a child I was brought up just outside Monaco. I always promised myself I would get this Programme.
on 8 June 2015
What a team, enjoyed it all over again, timeless. Some of these old shows don't wear well with time but this is still superb. Now for the next 4 episodes!
on 8 January 2013
Lovely blast from the past. Reminded me of Sunday afternoons after the BIg Match. Still good after all this time.
on 6 September 2000
The Persuaders! is one of the great ITC classic series. This DVD has excellent quality sound and picture reproduction. I like the menu screens which show the episode playing in small tv's but must admit I hate the swirly effect on the logo. I would suggest that it be left alone for the next volume. I would have also preferred three episodes per disc but beggars can't be choosers. I liked the extras but I would like to see some more material on the next volume. Generally an excellent DVD and great value for money. With the logo left alone and some more extras I'll give the next release 5 out of 5 if the prints and sound are as good as volume one.
on 4 May 2015
Roger and Tony, perfect duo in this now classic 70s TV Series.