on 8 March 2008
Simple Astonishing. Equally astonishing is every review here has missed the true pinnacle/creshendo that this masterpiece peaks on - Ulatrviolet. Quite simply, an amazing song.
on 22 February 2013
I'm not a U2 fan but a purchased this for a good mate who is a massive fan. He loved it .
on 6 November 2001
This album made my time at university. People knew when I was working in the Student Bar cause this album was on! Just a great bunch of sounds all in one place.
on 10 August 2009
I bought this CD as I had lost my previous one. Arrived quickly. Brilliant CD.
on 21 November 2015
Not my favourite album of theirs but it still has the U2 magic. Try it and see
on 30 June 2015
Arrived quickly. Brought for my husband, apparently what he wanted!
on 17 November 2011
I'm so pleased Amazon makes such room for simple souls like us to review material and give prospective buyers a chance to think for themselves and decide what they might like, what is good value, and even, as in the case of a couple of the great reviews here, what they don't need. All this is really good because while I'm often intrigued and amused by what turns up above our comments, one thing that is certain is that we do a necessary job of deflating the utter hokum that passes for the BBC reviews you keep attaching to records and films Amazon! U2 lost in "American roots music", "achtung means 'attention' in German", Salome and Satellite of Love "float some boats". Martin Ashton, take a bow; loose musical appreciation, adherence to dodgy 'B' sides and stating the bleeding obvious all in the space of four paragraphs! Others are quite right here. Whatever the merits and denunciations of Rattle and Hum (and the truth is there is nothing wrong with lots of the music on that record!) this album was a major and imperious refashioning of a band who understood that if they were to survive the long haul and not be cast off as '80s anthem-busters, they needed a whole new level of working. That Berlin, Lanois and Eno helped them create the Bowie/Iggy/Lou Reed ambience that served them so well for much of the decade (until Pop anyway) is a testament to the power of modern rock reinvention and the cast-iron quality of the songs here. If you're a fan looking back now, the only question you're probably asking is how on earth did The Fly end up as the first single when songs like Who's Gonna Ride your Wild Horses came down the line of releases and brilliant tracks like Ultraviolet, Zoo Station and Love is Blindness have largely been forgotten altogether in the U2 canon. That second disc, some of which has featured on special editions of things like the 1990-2000 collection, really isn't worth the money and hence we end up at four stars. But Achtung Baby itself, as others have noted, is top-notch stuff; and if not quite their best, certainly this is U2's most consistent album of their career.
on 12 September 2015
Last two songs didn't burn onto itunes. Great album though.
on 20 March 2016
Fab
on 20 March 2015
Super fast delivery and of course great album.