5.0 out of 5 stars Truely sequel
this time makers nitendo have created thier most atmospheric world ever now with new time keeping added it kicks the asses of every other pokemon game there is you would love to buy this game pokemon is the top selling games of all time and nintendo must of had a target to beat themselves at thier own game because they certainly overcome it with th new pokemon , new moves...
Published on 22 Nov. 2000 by Tom phelps ace@joyrider.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars The Pokemon Experience
I bought this as I wanted to return to the old days playing with my Gameboy Advance SP, When I got it, I loved it, played for a good few hours

It's only downfall was that the battery was diabolical and occasionally erased my save game, I gave up after a few hours and had to send it back

I bought Silver instead and that runs like a charm!
Published 11 months ago by Elliot Wallis

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars POKEMON GOLD VERSION, 29 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Pokémon Gold (Game Cartridge)
Pokemon Gold is extremly brilliant game and will keep Poke-nuts hooked for hours! It has a lot more tasks and qualitys than Red, Blue and Yellow versions. The gameplay is excellent, the graphics are much better, there lots more exciting Pokemon to catch, there new trainers and gym learders to fight, eight new badges to collect and with the ability to breed Pokemon, it seems that Pokemon Gold is not a kids game! I recommend this game to all Pokemon fans. With Pokemon Gold's entertaining qualities, I can't to play Pokemon Crystal Version.

5.0 out of 5 stars The pinnacle of the Pokemon series., 13 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Pokémon Gold (Game Cartridge)
For those of you too young to remember the Gold and Silver games as they were when they first came out, to most veterans of the series these remain its greatest achievement. As well as a whole new word to explore, 100 more fantastically designed monsters (in glorious colour!), and the introductions of gender, the breeding system, and ever-coveted 'shiny' pokemon, there's also a trip down memory lane in the form of a revisit to Kanto for all those who loved the world of the original Red, Blue and Yellow games. In short, Gold and Silver improve on the originals in every conceivable way, as well as adding a wealth of new features. If you're new to pokemon or have grown bored of Ruby and Sapphire, check this game out... you won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pokemon Gold, 23 July 2004
This review is from: Pokémon Gold (Game Cartridge)
Prepare yourselves for one of the great games in Pokemon history: Pokemon Gold (and Silver). Travel through the new region of Johto, and uncover the strangest secrets of its past, such as the Unown! Travel through the Johto and the Kanto regions, to win both championships, and catch the 100 new Pokemon! This game also features new items such as the Pokegear, featuring a mobile phone, and for the first time ever, trainers challenge you for rematches, so you can gain more experience and money, which, by the way, is wasted on your mum, who spends every penny. There also new options, such as the date, which effects daily events, and also the coll night-day transaction, which brings out new Pokemon from hiding!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best GBA game ever!, 12 Aug. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pokémon Silver (Game Cartridge)
I had this game when I was younger and it really was the best game I have ever played on. If you are looking for a fun game that you can keep occupied for weeks then this will certainly do the job. I was recently thrilled to hear that this game is being remade under the new title Pokemon soul silver. It remains to be seen whether this remake will be as good as the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 July 2001
This review is from: Pokémon Gold (Game Cartridge)
Pokemon Gold is the best yet however it isn't much different from Silver. New moves,more pokemon ,who are now male or female,and a new world ,Johoto. It takes a while to get used to the new pack features if you are used to the 3 classic games. It has 2 new pokeballs,an updated computer and a brand new pokedex.Buy it or you'll regret it. ***** star.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE nostalgia game for millions worldwide, 3 Sept. 2011
Oliver Watson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pokémon Gold (Game Cartridge)
quite simply one of the best games ever made and was one of the best games ever made at the time Pokemon was at its peak of popularity. Anyone who once a glimpse into how they felt as kid doesnt need me to tell them to try and get a copy of this, or dust your own copy down

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Just Another Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, 2 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Pokémon Gold (Game Cartridge)
What you might think at first is here we go again another pokemon game same old same old nintendo trying to get us to put our hands in our pockets again.
Well stop that kind of thinking right now Gold is completly different to the previous games and the main character isn't even Ash any more.
There have been a lot of nice tweeks to this game:
There is a Night and Day function meaning that certain Pokemon than can be caught only at certain time of the day.
Completly different land to explore the land you explore now is called Johto
There is also 251 Pokemon now instead of 151 that where in the first ones. You also cant just build up a party of Mewtwo's now as they have made and extra category of weakness's for Psychic Pokemon.
The animations have been touched up a bit now making the Pokemon look better than ever and get this it's in colour now as well.
The one downer about this game is that you have to have the prevoius games to get all the pokemon in your pokedex in the new games
My advice would be to anybody who liked the first games buy this straight away you wont be disapointed. I'm 22 and i just cant get enough of these addictive games. Role on Pokemon Ruby and Saphire

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the young ones...., 16 Feb. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pokémon Gold (Game Cartridge)
Pokemon is great for kids, It's simple and easy to use as you go through the story line of the game or can do time-events. Pokemon Gold has a time-event which is quite good. I will say though that if your child does have a nintendo ds, ds lite, dsi or the new dsi XL then there will be a remake of this brilliant game and it's "brother" Pokemon silver. This remake has alot of new events and a more in detail storyline from the pokemon saga. This new ds version of gold and silver is going to be called Heart Gold and Soul Silver and should be in release on 26th March 2010. These games will be released in all over Europe but itis already been released in japan and is going to be released in USA quite soon. This game is only compatible with the gameboy colour, gameboy advanced and advanced sp. So yeah... it is pretty old but it is still a great game for what it is worth.

4.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLANT GAME AND EXCITING!!!!!!!, 27 Aug. 2001
This review is from: Pokémon Gold (Game Cartridge)
It is a very interesting game in all the pokemon version. I like it very much though it's easier than the pokemon yellow and there is a mobile phone when I open the pokedex. I can contact with anyone on the mobile phone and I can even record the trainers' number if I want to. This is a superb game to me. There is a radio tower too which interested me very much and there is that bug catching competition too. Even if I did not win, I would have some points of fightint with the pokemon. And another thing, I could even have the pokemon after I have caught it. I was so happy. There are a lot of new pokemons in this game that interested me very much!!!!! I was so happy when I got this game. All I can say is, this game is completely new and excellent to me, I must say that this is a good game!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLANT GAME AND EXCITING!!!!!!!, 27 Aug. 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Pokémon Gold
Pokémon Gold by Nintendo (Game Boy Color)
Used & New from: Ł13.99